DSK

Default France again

rgnmstr wrote:
.... All I've ever heard over
the years was how "progressive" Europe is and that there is no such
thing as racism over there.

Who says that? I guess the skinheads and the National Front and the
far-right parties in Austria & France etc etc haven't made a blip on
your radar.

DSK

rgnmstr

Default France again... the INS

,,Please give me an example of a foreign student... particularly a

non-U.S. citizen... gaining admission in preference over an American.
It
may have happened now & then but it's darn sure very rare. .

And what kind of an example am I supposed to provide for your quiz? A
sir name and class of ? Ridiculous question. So you are involved in
some way with med schools. Then I don't have to take you for a walk on
campus at Maryland or Hopkins. You must be involved at a small private
school in Southern Maryland.

rgnmstr

Who says that? I guess the skinheads and the National Front and the

far-right parties in Austria & France etc etc haven't made a blip on
your radar. .

Doug, they (sophisticated europeans) have been telling us that we are
backwards for years! I suspect even you would have told me the the
groups you mention are a small minority over there but here in the U.S.
everbody is a bigot. Now I suppose after the trouble has started you
would tell us everybody in Europe is racist just like us.

DSK

rgnmstr wrote:
And what kind of an example am I supposed to provide for your quiz? A
sir name and class of ? Ridiculous question.

Only because you have made a ridiculous accusation.

An application from a non-citizen would probably be tossed in the waste
basket at any of the schools I've heard about. It would be a tremendous
handicap in gaining admission, worse than getting all Ds in undergrad
sciences.

I'm guessing that you've heard some gripes from people who did not get
in, or whose kids did not get in. Well if they weren't THE BEST out of a
field of the top 1,000 kids in the whole state, they probably just got
outscored. The folks who review & quantify the admission applications
don't even know the names of the kids, much less any ethnic background.
Most of the process is blind, the final committee might only see the top
2% of all applicants and will only have room for the top 1/3... or
less... of that group.

... So you are involved in
some way with med schools. Then I don't have to take you for a walk on
campus at Maryland or Hopkins.

Actually I'd like to, don't get up that way often enough. But make it on
a day when the weather isn't good for sailing.

.... You must be involved at a small private
school in Southern Maryland.

Nope, further south. 1 private and a couple of state schools. My
connection is not official but I know far more than I want to about the
process. It would be different if I wanted to become a doctor myself.
Maybe I should open a school for coaching med school applicants.

Regards
Doug King

DSK

If there is a surplus of doctors, then why are medical costs going up so
much?

Dave wrote:
Cause the guvmint's been throwing money at the medical profession in one
fashion or another for over 60 years?

Like how?

And are you saying that gov't subsidies drive up the cost of the
commodity being subsidized? That doesn't seem to be the way it works in
any other cases.

DSK

France Sammy General 84 November 10th 05 02:58 AM
Amerika is Always at War jlrogers ASA 2 November 4th 05 09:20 PM