Capt. Rob

Default On the 35s5

Robert, we've had our 35s5 for 7 years now and i'm convinced there isn't a finer design for the dollar around. Frankly owners of far more expensive makes are generally impressed with the fit and finish on our boat and certainly envious of her speed. As for the sailing qualities, forgetaboutit!!!! You're about to enjoy a very fast boat. We have the standard rig with wing and easily sail better than our 127 rating. Basically, nothing with anything like our sweet interior can pass us. She's a screamer upwind and almost vice free with the wing. i don't agree with the owner who said the deep fin is faster downwind. We had to re-learn spinnaker trim for this boat, but since then it's been great. i think the wing is faster overall, but will lose 3 or 4 degrees upwind. Head to head with the deep fin we have won boat for boat plenty of times. This is a true dual purpose boat and you're lucky to have the brighter teak interior. We have the dark mahogany and ended up adding lights. it's still a striking design. The boat hasn't given us any trouble and the steering system is as bullet proof as a tiller. Keep an eye on the Volvo. it's a good engine but parts are expensive. Post to the group when you have your site up. Good luck!
Frank
35s5 #104

Donal

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message
oups.com...
Robert, we've had our 35s5 for 7 years now and i'm convinced there

isn't a finer design for the dollar around. Frankly owners of far more
expensive makes are generally impressed with the fit and finish

Fit and finish isn't everything.....

Regards

Donal
-- -

Scanmar superior to 35s5 Bob Crantz ASA 8 October 22nd 05 02:06 AM
A Better Boat Capt. Rob ASA 20 October 21st 05 07:46 PM
THE NEW BOAT!! Capt. Rob ASA 29 October 18th 05 07:45 PM