Capt. Rob

Default A Better Boat

Mooron has correctly pointed out that his vessel is better in heavy
conditions and certainly she has an edge in survival conditions. But on
most days the 35s5 will be faster, higher pointing and generally more
fun to sail...just as a C&C 115 would be even MORE fun!

But we bought the 35s5 to sail mostly in the protected waters of the
LIS with our new son who will be a year and a half old when he steps
aboard his new yacht.
He'll have his own cabin, a place for his soft toys and wonderful music
when he's below deck. On deck he'll be in a truly huge cockpit and with
mom's help, have access to the slick swim platform. Forward he'll have
a clean deck to tread on, free of lines and gear.
Back in the slip on a hot day, we'll have the 19'000 BTU air
conditioning. On a 92 degree day it kept the whole interior cool with
the hatches open. Sweet.
The aft cabin is sized for adults...a rare thing in a 35 foot boat.

Was there a better choice? You bet. The C&C 99 fit the bill. But with
plans for a much larger boat for living aboard 5 years off, it didn't
make sense to spend more than twice the cost of the 35s5, which is a
more comfortable boat.

35s5...35.5 feet LOA, FAST boat, beautiful interior, aft cabin, swim
platform, huge cockpit, clean decks, no serious record of problems...a
sweet boat!

Robert B
Beneteau First 35s5
NY

Scotty

--
"Swab Rob" wrote
Back in the slip on a hot day, we'll have

Back?

Bwahahahahahahah

Bob Crantz

This is great Rob!

Why not tell us about the wonderful life of your family - all the free time
you have together, the relaxed pace of living, the freedom from fighting for
a day to day wage, the fullfillment of the highest needs.

You wouldn't want anyone to get the impression that your fine vessel is
simply an escape mechanism from a hellish existence would you?

Those night shifts for Suzy and your diaper duty must be rough!

Bwaahaahahahahahahahahahaaa!

Amen!

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Capt. Rob

Those night shifts for Suzy and your diaper duty must be rough!

Being Americans, we don't mind a bit of work. Suzanne went to school
for 3 years to become a nurse in critical care. I continue to work as a
media monitor 4 hours a day...it pays better than most people make
working 12 hour days! Sailing is not an escape, Bob. It's an extention
of one's self. If you haven't learned that by now you probably never
will. And if changing your own child's diaper scares you, you probably
aren't real American stock anyway.

RB
First 35s5
NY

Bob Crantz

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message
oups.com...
Those night shifts for Suzy and your diaper duty must be rough!

Being Americans, we don't mind a bit of work.

That's right! You are good for 4 hours a day while Suzy slugs out 12 hour
shifts! That averages out 8 hours each per day! Note the use of the word
"we".

Suzanne went to school
for 3 years to become a nurse in critical care.

At her age this raises a red flag. What did she do before that?

I continue to work as a
media monitor 4 hours a day...it pays better than most people make
working 12 hour days!

Oh this is good:

Get Paid To Watch TV - Full-Time!! (oakland downtown)

----
Reply to:
Date: 2005-10-04, 12:41PM PDT

Position Overview:
Multivision is currently seeking a dependable, organized, focused driven
Opportunities Generator/New Scanner. This entry-level position is ideal for
a recent graduate, or anyone with a strong interest in Television
Broadcasting, or "news junkie".

Focus and major areas of accountability:
* Scanning current news and entertainment television broadcasts for sales
leads
* Identify and research leads for the sales team from a variety of different
sources.
* Ensure that sales team follows up on the leads in a timely fashion.
* Communicating frequently and effectively with our sales and production
staff.
* Assist in building, maintaining and distributing prospect intelligence
information.
* Researching Media Databases and compiling reports
* Other related duties as assigned

Key experience and characteristics:
* Must be dependable, organized, focused and extremely detail-oriented
* Must have desire to watch television programming for majority of work day
* Must have excellent language, grammar, spelling and punctuation skills
* Computer literate (Excel, Word) and internet navigation experience
required
* Typing skills of 40 wpm or more
* High School Diploma or GED required
* Strong interest in broadcast media and/or broadcast communications or
related field helpful

Company Overview:
Multivision, Inc is a leader in the collection, analysis and delivery of
near real-time broadcast corporate intelligence. Businesses rely on
Multivision to track public opinion, communications campaigns and
informational research throughout national broadcast coverage. Multivision
was the first video monitoring service to provide companies with text
indexing, digital delivery and online storage, management and archive of
digital news clips.

At Multivision, our mission is to work with clients to create a personalized
broadcast monitoring service that delivers the right intelligence at the
right time in the right format. As part of our uncompromising customer
service, we help clients find new and innovative uses for monitoring the
media. We believe that with the ever increasing need to extend your brand's
presence, it's not enough to simply monitor your company, your CEO, or your
products.

Founded in 1996 and headquartered in Oakland, California, Multivision, Inc
is a national, privately held company that continues to expand market
presence.

Hiring Organization:

Sailing is not an escape, Bob. It's an extention
of one's self.

You couldn't be more correct:

From: "Capt. Rob"
Newsgroups: alt.sailing.asa
Subject: Respect for Captain Neal
Date: 9 Sep 2005 03:43:01 -0700

Late last night I got a call from a friend who races a J29. She was
upstate looking after a sick parent and was worried that she had left
her boat in a poor state. I drove out to the boat and found that she
had actually done a good job of closing the boat up. I walked up to the
bow and treated myself to a quiet half hour.
Watching the flat water, the gentle kiss of occasional swells against
the hull I thought of Neal. This serenity was a daily treat for him
because he chose to be a liveaboard. He'd made the ultimate commitment
to his love of the sea by tossing aside the complications we all deem
conveniences and necessities. He chose a simple, stout boat that would
do exactly what he needed and no more. He knew there were better boats,
but that "better" was an abstraction sold in catalogues and TV jingles.
He understood that anyone could bring the complexities of live ashore
to sea, but at a terrible cost and no benefit.
No, Neal understood a sailors life. Basic. Simple. Unassuming. To be a
sailor, one must become a of Monk of sorts and anything else obstructs
the beauty of wind and sail. Neal built his own world, a honorable feat
of self reliance. In the end he could make decisions and observations
as any advanced lifeform (observing from deep space) might.
If this sounds like a farewell, perhaps it is. Neal may still be with
us, but people...sailors like him are disappearing fast, absorbed into
a world of Starbucks and rising real estate. In a quagmire of
insatiable consumption, Neal chose sailing.
For that, above and beyond anything else, he deserves respect.

He has mine.

Robert B
(Boatless, but not for long!)
NY

So tell us about all the accesories, playpens, air conditioning, etc on your
boat?

If you haven't learned that by now you probably never
will.

Who says I haven't? You?

And if changing your own child's diaper scares you, you probably
aren't real American stock anyway.

If one makes as much money as you, ever think of hiring a full time nanny?

"I'd love to, and I have a few friends begging me to do it. The problem
is that Suzanne is working and we have Thomas, who's 13 months old.
Suzanne works nights. It's just not possible for me to be gone for two
weeks and of little financial advantage either. I'm sure I'm missing
out, but the timing is all wrong."

RB

Why not just decide to not buy a boat and spend more time with your family?
Which is more important?

RB
First 35s5
NY

Capt. Rob

for 3 years to become a nurse in critical care.

At her age this raises a red flag. What did she do before that?

She was a copywriter. She's now working in critical care which is a
pretty amazing job.

RB

Capt. Rob

And if changing your own child's diaper scares you, you probably
aren't real American stock anyway.

If one makes as much money as you, ever think of hiring a full time
nanny?

What for? We're both home all day long 7 days per week. The whole point
is to be home for him, not pawn him off on some nanny.

RB

Scotty

"Bob Crantz" wrote

Those night shifts for Suzy and your diaper duty must be rough!

Ahhhh, diaper duty. I remember changing a few, course I was 25 at
the time. Wonder when the kid will start calling Bob,
''gramps''?

''Old timer''?

Scotty

Thom Stewart

Nutsy,

I don't think Thomas will ever step on a NEW yacht as long as he live
with you. It will always be an OLD, USED Yacht

http://community.webtv.net/tassail/ThomsPage

http://community.webtv.net/tassail/Pneuma

Scotty

"Thom Stewart" wrote in message
Nutsy,

I don't think Thomas will ever step on a NEW yacht as long as

he live
with you.

Maybe Suzie will wise up and leave in time.

It will always be an OLD, USED Yacht

Just like the OLD USED DAD.

Hee hee
Scotty

Procedure of Buying a Boat in New Jersey? [email protected] General 7 November 7th 05 04:39 PM
Who Am I Skipper General 38 October 19th 05 07:50 PM
re-floating a capsized boat CJ2 ASA 0 October 14th 05 01:39 AM
A Recreational Boating Message Skipper General 7 October 12th 05 10:25 PM
A Recreational Boating Message Skipper General 0 October 12th 05 06:42 PM