Bob Crantz

Default A Better Boat

This is great Rob!

Why not tell us about the wonderful life of your family - all the free time
you have together, the relaxed pace of living, the freedom from fighting for
a day to day wage, the fullfillment of the highest needs.

You wouldn't want anyone to get the impression that your fine vessel is
simply an escape mechanism from a hellish existence would you?

Those night shifts for Suzy and your diaper duty must be rough!

Bwaahaahahahahahahahahahaaa!

Amen!

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message
oups.com...
Mooron has correctly pointed out that his vessel is better in heavy
conditions and certainly she has an edge in survival conditions. But on
most days the 35s5 will be faster, higher pointing and generally more
fun to sail...just as a C&C 115 would be even MORE fun!

But we bought the 35s5 to sail mostly in the protected waters of the
LIS with our new son who will be a year and a half old when he steps
aboard his new yacht.
He'll have his own cabin, a place for his soft toys and wonderful music
when he's below deck. On deck he'll be in a truly huge cockpit and with
mom's help, have access to the slick swim platform. Forward he'll have
a clean deck to tread on, free of lines and gear.
Back in the slip on a hot day, we'll have the 19'000 BTU air
conditioning. On a 92 degree day it kept the whole interior cool with
the hatches open. Sweet.
The aft cabin is sized for adults...a rare thing in a 35 foot boat.

Was there a better choice? You bet. The C&C 99 fit the bill. But with
plans for a much larger boat for living aboard 5 years off, it didn't
make sense to spend more than twice the cost of the 35s5, which is a
more comfortable boat.

35s5...35.5 feet LOA, FAST boat, beautiful interior, aft cabin, swim
platform, huge cockpit, clean decks, no serious record of problems...a
sweet boat!

Robert B
Beneteau First 35s5
NY