Horvath

On Sat, 12 Mar 2005 12:24:16 -0800, "JG" wrote
this crap:

Cheating implies some nefarious act.

Your boyfriend cheats on you?

katysails

Annoyances, in my opinion, are best left ignored...if you pay attention to
peetty annoyances, they do become important to you for whatever reason and
take time away from things that would be more worthwhile...

"Capt. Mooron" wrote in message

"katysails" wrote in message

Why do you think it's a manly thing to make accusations like that? Not
that I'm defending Jon or anything...I just wonder why it seems so
important to you...

Important? No Kitty.... it's merely par for the course when dealing with
Gaynzy. Slapping around of such an obviously annoying little twit isn't
done to elevate my standing.... that's already understood. I suppose I
could ignore him... but what sport is there in that?

You do understand that he brings this action upon himself of his own
volition don't you? He is free to communicate in a rational manner but
refuses to do so. If he had any senses at all he wouldn't be killfiled by
so many people.

CM

katysails

Well, you're wrong again...I'm not interested in doing all the Google
searches for the studies, but they're there...assertiveness can be taught
and used effectively, without aggression....you probably just don't
recognize it because the testosterone stands in the way...

"Capt. Mooron" wrote in message
Assertive behaviour is motivated by aggressive stance. If you stand your
ground... you are asserting your place... the very act of that is
aggressive. The meek can never be taught assertiveness.... I don't care
how many classes you give them.... they will fold like superman on laundry
day in the face of someone with a true assertive/aggressive personality.

CM

"katysails" wrote in message
You're wrong....there are people that specialize in training the meek to
be assertive...these people have not got an aggressive bone in their
bodies and get walked over....with assertiveness training, they are able
to start fending for themselves...has nothing to do with aggression and
everything to do with survival....

"Capt. Mooron" wrote in message
Again you fail to grasp the basic fact that without an aggressive
attitude... you cannot be assertive. Assertiveness is merely a symptom
of an aggressive nature, as is being competitive. Aggression does not
have to involve physical violence. I believe you are unable to
comprehend this because as a female you are guided by emotion as opposed
to logic.

CM

"katysails" wrote in message
Assertiveness works well in the competitive field of business whereas
aggressiveness will usually land you on the unemployment
lines...aggressive people generally rise fast in their professions and
then tank out early whereas the consistently assertive attain their
goals in a non-threatening manner and hold their positions or continue
to rise....

"Capt. Mooron" wrote in message
I believe it is indeed that you do not comprehend.... or make erroneous
assumptions regarding male aggression. In the average male...
aggressiveness is controlled. To submit that a competitive nature is
not required in a modern society is illogical. Even the few women in a
position of power show an extremely heightened sense of aggressiveness
and a competitive nature. Enlightenment has nothing to do with it.

CM

"katysails" wrote in message
It's not that we don't comprehend..it's that we reject that as
anything other than what it is....uncontrolled testosterone...it
worked for cavemen because that's the physical reality they lived in
but the idea of man (gender, not species) as hunter/gatherer in an
enlightened society is an anachronism...

"Capt. Mooron" wrote in message
NO! Kitty.... You are confusing aggressiveness and
assertiveness.... which is understandable. I will repeat myself
despite the fact I know you are not capable of understanding the
logic..... You cannot be assertive without being aggressive.

Let's take the scenario you utilized.... you assume that
aggression requires physical intervention. It does not! Aggression
between males has a multi-tiered level.... none of which can be
comprehended by females. The level of aggressive behaviour is
dependant on the situation. This is comprehended by even the
youngest of our gender.

CM

CM

"katysails" wrote in message
An assertive person makes their point by showing you the hole in
the ground; an aggressive person puts you in the hole in the
ground.

"Capt. Mooron" wrote in message
You require aggressiveness to be assertive.... the very act of
asserting yourself, places others as either your equal or your
subordinate.... despite what they may have perceived. This
situation is not attained by passive compliance, nor neutral
indifference.

CM

"katysails" wrote in message
I am assertive....not aggressive....

"Capt. Mooron" wrote in message
Aggression need not be physical....

CM

"katysails" wrote in message
I am not a physically aggressive person....except for the boots,
chains, spurs, etc....but that's not the same thing...

"Capt. Mooron" wrote in message
You may indeed suggest it...... but I'd sooner you take your
own advise.

CM

"katysails" wrote in message
Well, may I suggest you rise above your base animal instinct
and start using the tools that were given you to negotiate
and walk away from aggression?

Bob Crantz

wrote in message
When will Bush be making his "State of the Confederation" speech?

The Articles of Confederation

Agreed to by Congress November 15, 1777; ratified and in force, March 1,
1781.
Preamble

To all to whom these Presents shall come, we the undersigned Delegates of
the States affixed to our Names send greeting.

Articles of Confederation and perpetual Union between the States of New
Hampshire, Massachusetts bay, Rhode Island and Providence Plantations,
Connecticut, New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Maryland,
Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina and Georgia.

Article I. The Stile of this Confederacy shall be "The United States of
America."

Article II. Each state retains its sovereignty, freedom, and independence,
and every power, jurisdiction, and right, which is not by this Confederation
expressly delegated to the United States, in Congress assembled.

Article III. The said States hereby severally enter into a firm league of
friendship with each other, for their common defense, the security of their
liberties, and their mutual and general welfare, binding themselves to
assist each other, against all force offered to, or attacks made upon them,
or any of them, on account of religion, sovereignty, trade, or any other
pretense whatever.

Article IV. The better to secure and perpetuate mutual friendship and
intercourse among the people of the different States in this Union, the free
inhabitants of each of these States, paupers, vagabonds, and fugitives from
justice excepted, shall be entitled to all privileges and immunities of free
citizens in the several States; and the people of each State shall free
ingress and regress to and from any other State, and shall enjoy therein all
the privileges of trade and commerce, subject to the same duties,
impositions, and restrictions as the inhabitants thereof respectively,
provided that such restrictions shall not extend so far as to prevent the
removal of property imported into any State, to any other State, of which
the owner is an inhabitant; provided also that no imposition, duties or
restriction shall be laid by any State, on the property of the United
States, or either of them.

If any person guilty of, or charged with, treason, felony, or other high
misdemeanor in any State, shall flee from justice, and be found in any of
the United States, he shall, upon demand of the Governor or executive power
of the State from which he fled, be delivered up and removed to the State
having jurisdiction of his offense.

Full faith and credit shall be given in each of these States to the records,
acts, and judicial proceedings of the courts and magistrates of every

Capt. Mooron

If I was concerned in regards to having time taken away from more important
matters.... I would probably not be posting here in the first place.
Generally I find myself posting to the group during movie commercials,
breaks while engaged in other computer work, waiting for the next level of
UT2K4 to load up... unless there is an interesting thread or a viable,
challenging opponent to engage. I only subscribe to ASA... since it offers a
much better standard of rhetoric and wit. Let's face it... most of the
regulars here, have covered in debt almost every topic on sailing...
repeatedly

Gaynz provides opportunity to test the amount of verbal abuse that can be
tolerated by an individual on usegroups. I understand that this is of no
interest to some of the other posters here... but a filter which deletes any
post containing the word "Gaynz" or "Gaynzy" will clear that up since I will
always include those words in my replies to Jon's posts.

To date I have found that Jax endured the most abuse until he finally
snapped and was forced to take a break. Gaynz is not far behind Jax.... and
far less literate.... which isn't saying much.

CM

news

"katysails" wrote in message

Why do you think it's a manly thing to make accusations like that? Not
that I'm defending Jon or anything...I just wonder why it seems so
important to you...

Important? No Kitty.... it's merely par for the course when dealing
with Gaynzy. Slapping around of such an obviously annoying little twit
isn't done to elevate my standing.... that's already understood. I
suppose I could ignore him... but what sport is there in that?

You do understand that he brings this action upon himself of his own
volition don't you? He is free to communicate in a rational manner but
refuses to do so. If he had any senses at all he wouldn't be killfiled by
so many people.

CM

Capt. Mooron

Absolutely inaccurate assessment on your part Kitty. You seem to assume
aggressiveness as truculent behaviour.... that is misleading. To assert is
to take a stance.... that alone requires you assume an aggressive posture.

The very action of being assertive requires that you are capable of
delineating how you will be treated or engaged. You are making a demand of
others.... that requires an aggressive posture.... unless you are making a
plea... which isn't assertive.

CM

"katysails" wrote in message
Well, may I suggest you rise above your base animal instinct
and start using the tools that were given you to negotiate
and walk away from aggression?

Maxprop

"katysails" wrote in message

Annoyances, in my opinion, are best left ignored...if you pay attention to
peetty annoyances, they do become important to you for whatever reason and
take time away from things that would be more worthwhile...

Amen to that. I filtered Ganz a while back and can't begin to express how
different and how pleasant this NG is now. Ganz is one of those spoiled
malcontents with juvenile behavior that seem to be able to make NGs a PITA.
I only wish it were as easy to make undesirables disappear in real life.

Max

Maxprop

"katysails" wrote in message

Well, you're wrong again...I'm not interested in doing all the Google
searches for the studies, but they're there...assertiveness can be taught
and used effectively, without aggression....you probably just don't
recognize it because the testosterone stands in the way...

Cut him some slack, Katy. It's the rum talkin'.

Max

Capt. Mooron

"Maxprop" wrote in message
nk.net...

"katysails" wrote in message

Well, you're wrong again...I'm not interested in doing all the Google
searches for the studies, but they're there...assertiveness can be taught
and used effectively, without aggression....you probably just don't
recognize it because the testosterone stands in the way...

Cut him some slack, Katy. It's the rum talkin'.

In vino veritas.....

CM

JG

Yep, I'm sure you "visit" them regularly. Fortunately for you, the roosters
aren't too smart.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"Capt. Mooron" wrote in message

"JG" wrote in message
I'm sure you visit them regularly. Interesting that you call them your
"girls." Well, I suppose that's better than calling them your "boys," and
I doubt the roosters would put up with your advances.

Of course I "visit" them regularly Gaynzy... they are on the property and
require feeding/watering daily!! How totally idiotic can you possibly be
not to comprehend that? I don't call them my girls Jon... just "the
Girls"... like I call you just "a Homo"!

Yes, I'm aware of the general location of Nova Scotia. It's still a heck
of a lot colder than sunny California... in the high 70s low 80s today.
I've been sailing all week. Bwaahahahaaaaaa....

The general location???? Yeah it's colder but we don't have anywhere
near the amount of raving queers you do in California. That's a trade off
I can live with ... you friggin' homo.

CM

"Capt. Mooron" wrote in message
Oh no... they have a cedar shingled 8'x12' Chook House, windows, lights,
heat with an enclosed 12'x12' pen that has a metal roof. The lighting is
on a timer and a 6 CD player is installed. A dust vent system and
exhaust fan control air quality. The "girls" live a good life and enjoy
their stay well beyond their productive span to die of old age. Any
chicken would give it's eye teeth to stay there.

By the way... you are aware I don't live in the Arctic anymore aren't
you? You do know where Nova Scotia is don't you?

CM

"JG" wrote in message
Bwahahahaaa... I'm amazed your chickens don't freeze to death. Oh
wait... I forgot, they live in your house.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"Capt. Mooron" wrote in message
Nova Scotia????? Bwahahahahahahahaaaa!!

CM

"JG" wrote in message
Yeah, in the frozen tundra where no one wants to live. Might make a
nice vacation home. I think I'll stick to the warmer lats.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"Capt. Mooron" wrote in message

"Dave" wrote in message
On Sat, 12 Mar 2005 22:47:23 GMT, "Scout"
said:

But I wouldn't want to be the 25 year old newly wed trying to
scrape
together 20% of $500K for a down payment.

Happens all the time. And in the Manhattan market, if they have to
scrape
together 20% of $500K for the down payment they're not gonna get to
first
base. The coop board will turn them down.

Isn't that where Bob lives???? Do you think his apartment is worth
$500K??
Man.. $500K will buy you 60 acres of oceanside and a house up this
way!
$50K will buy you a 15 acre farm, with house, barns and out
buildings......

CM

final kayak decision Chris Touring 0 August 27th 03 07:57 PM
How to qualify 120 boats for final Gold/Silver fleets Edward Mitchell General 3 August 1st 03 12:07 AM
unusual docking situation Scout ASA 12 July 21st 03 01:34 AM