Chris

Default final kayak decision

Thanks for all the help everyone has offered with my first kayak purchase. I
have decided to go with an inflatable for easy transport and storage (one
bedroom apartment).

I have narrowed it down to the Sevylor Eskimo and the Advanced Elements
Airframe. I am looking for some help with this final decision. Does anyone
have any experience with either of these. Here are the pros and cons of each
from the research I have done.

Eskimo
- A little more streamlined (longer, same width as Airframe).
- Comes with skirt and pump.
- $400 new, marked down substantially from original price at REI.

Airframe
- Does not come with skirt or pump.
- $295 new on Ebay.

The cost of shipping would be added to both of these prices as there is no REI
near me. I do not know too much about pumps or skirts, but from what I have
seen they would bump up the price significantly, plus an REI employee told me
that the Eskimo would be a little faster, especially in the water where I will
be using it. All things considered I am leaning toward the Eskimo as it seems
to be a better value and a better kayak. Any comments? And how about paddles,
how much should I spend as a beginner?

Thanks again, your help is much appreciated.

Chris