samsail

Default Off topic...

Isn't this supposed to be a sailing news group?

bell

samsail wrote:
Isn't this supposed to be a sailing news group?

Where did you get a stupid idea like that?

Scout

It's a newsgroup for sailors.
Scout

"samsail" wrote in message
oups.com...
Isn't this supposed to be a sailing news group?

Joe

samsail wrote:
Isn't this supposed to be a sailing news group?

Why do you ask?
Do you have a question?
Did you search the group archives for answers?
Do you expect saiors to cater to your reading wishes?
Do you expect us to give a rats ass about your needs?

Sam if you have some sailing related stuff to talk about.. just blurt
it out.

Don't be shy Sam.

Were all waiting Sam!

Joe

samsail

fair enough...

note to self: joe woke up on the wrong side of the bed.

Overproof

"samsail" wrote in message
oups.com...
fair enough...

note to self: joe woke up on the wrong side of the bed.

No... that is Joe in a good mood! You really don't want to see him when
he's ****ed off!

CM

samsail

Yeah, I am new to this group... I didn't mean to step on anyone's toes.

A lot of groups get off-topic posts from non-regulars. I wasn't sure if
what I was reading was typical banter or just unwanted cross-posting.
At least this group is active...

Overproof

"samsail" wrote in message
ups.com...
Yeah, I am new to this group... I didn't mean to step on anyone's toes.

I'd reccomend you hammer toes with a pick axe if you want to get any respect
around here.

A lot of groups get off-topic posts from non-regulars. I wasn't sure if
what I was reading was typical banter or just unwanted cross-posting.
At least this group is active...

The analogy of a Sailor's Bar is as good as any... sailing is discussed...
but so is anything else of interest. We don't cross post here as a rule.
You'll get to know the "regulars" soon enough.

Good Luck.... you'll need it... and a quick wit as well won't hurt at all.

CM

Scout

hyper-active is more like it. I have a feeling ADD and ADHD runs rampant
here, not to mention OCD, DD, and lots of other colorful quirks.
Scout

"samsail" wrote
At least this group is active...

Horvath

On 26 Jan 2005 12:47:02 -0800, "Joe" wrote
this crap:

samsail wrote:
Isn't this supposed to be a sailing news group?

Why do you ask?
Do you have a question?
Did you search the group archives for answers?
Do you expect saiors to cater to your reading wishes?
Do you expect us to give a rats ass about your needs?

Do you have any beer or rum?

Off Topic Posting Has Finally Hit Its Inevitable Bottom. Don ßćiley General 8 October 1st 11 04:39 PM
Slightly off topic Neil General 0 July 26th 04 07:17 AM
Flogging a Dead Horse (on topic) Gould 0738 General 3 July 23rd 04 11:18 AM
on topic/off topic same ole General 2 December 10th 03 01:02 AM