BoatBanter.com

-   -   Off topic... (https://www.boatbanter.com/asa/27488-off-topic.html)

samsail January 26th 05 07:55 PM

Off topic...

Isn't this supposed to be a sailing news group?

bell January 26th 05 08:31 PM

samsail wrote:
Isn't this supposed to be a sailing news group?

Where did you get a stupid idea like that?

Scout January 26th 05 08:33 PM

It's a newsgroup for sailors.
Scout

"samsail" wrote in message
oups.com...
Isn't this supposed to be a sailing news group?

Joe January 26th 05 08:47 PM

samsail wrote:
Isn't this supposed to be a sailing news group?

Why do you ask?
Do you have a question?
Did you search the group archives for answers?
Do you expect saiors to cater to your reading wishes?
Do you expect us to give a rats ass about your needs?

Sam if you have some sailing related stuff to talk about.. just blurt
it out.

Don't be shy Sam.

Were all waiting Sam!

Joe

samsail January 26th 05 10:46 PM

fair enough...

note to self: joe woke up on the wrong side of the bed.

Overproof January 26th 05 10:51 PM

"samsail" wrote in message
oups.com...
fair enough...

note to self: joe woke up on the wrong side of the bed.

No... that is Joe in a good mood! You really don't want to see him when
he's ****ed off!

CM

samsail January 26th 05 11:00 PM

Yeah, I am new to this group... I didn't mean to step on anyone's toes.

A lot of groups get off-topic posts from non-regulars. I wasn't sure if
what I was reading was typical banter or just unwanted cross-posting.
At least this group is active...

Overproof January 26th 05 11:42 PM

"samsail" wrote in message
ups.com...
Yeah, I am new to this group... I didn't mean to step on anyone's toes.

I'd reccomend you hammer toes with a pick axe if you want to get any respect
around here.

A lot of groups get off-topic posts from non-regulars. I wasn't sure if
what I was reading was typical banter or just unwanted cross-posting.
At least this group is active...

The analogy of a Sailor's Bar is as good as any... sailing is discussed...
but so is anything else of interest. We don't cross post here as a rule.
You'll get to know the "regulars" soon enough.

Good Luck.... you'll need it... and a quick wit as well won't hurt at all.

CM

Scout January 26th 05 11:45 PM

hyper-active is more like it. I have a feeling ADD and ADHD runs rampant
here, not to mention OCD, DD, and lots of other colorful quirks.
Scout

"samsail" wrote
At least this group is active...

Horvath January 27th 05 12:53 AM

On 26 Jan 2005 12:47:02 -0800, "Joe" wrote
this crap:

samsail wrote:
Isn't this supposed to be a sailing news group?

Why do you ask?
Do you have a question?
Did you search the group archives for answers?
Do you expect saiors to cater to your reading wishes?
Do you expect us to give a rats ass about your needs?

Do you have any beer or rum?