Scout

"the pipes, the pipes are caaaaaaaalling"
Kate Smith

"katysails" wrote in message
No more than yours...I expect you repair your plumbing in a solitude...

"Capt. Neal®" wrote in message

Ha! You have a lascivious mind, girl. I was simply referring to the
thru-hulls
and the hoses and pipes connected to them.

CN

"katysails" wrote in message
I'm sure the whole world is just waiting with baited breath to hear
about
your solitary exploits...

"Capt. Neal®" wrote in message

"katysails" wrote in message
..and even you ahve to pull sometimes to de-calcify your bottom

That's not why I pull from time to time. It has more to do with
the plumbing.

CN

Edgar

OzOne wrote in message ...
Real cruising sailors use dinghy and tender interchangeably.

It's only the racers who think dinghy is something one races.

You failed to see my reference to a "rowing" dinghy.
They are used to transport people and goods from point to point
quickly and safely.
Usually being over 12' long and often as much as 16', they are easily
rowed, stable, and track well.
They keep a man fit and strong as outboards are rarely used by real
men on these craft.
Mine is a 15' clinker which is about 40 years old and still in
excellent condition. It takes 3 strong men to carry, yet rows like it
weight very little.

My yacht tenders are a different story being inflatables with
outboards..they are not designed to row well neither are those
dangerously unstable 6'prams.

You have revealed your true stripes, Mr. Racer, with your
comments below.

Actually Mr Mooring Minder, I have revealed that I choose craft for a
purpose, not a budget.

My rowing scull was purchased for about $8000 and is designed for
nothing other than rowing at speed.
My clinker rowing skiff is designed to travel up and down rivers and
across lakes under human power alone carrying 3 or 4 passengers.
My yacht tender is designed to get from a shore the short distance out
to my yacht. It rows very badly and is good only for short distances
without its outboard.

Good selection of boats there, Oz. I have a 12' and a 10' clinker stem
dinghy and an 8' clinker pram dinghy as well as a racing shell. Do you
compete as elite, masters or just scull for pleasure?

Flogging a Dead Horse (on topic) Gould 0738 General 3 July 23rd 04 11:18 AM
Back to the (grin)d stone. Michael ASA 23 July 20th 04 05:01 AM
GRETTIR'S SAGA (continued) Nik ASA 0 September 19th 03 10:12 PM
Capt Mooron ride a horse Capt.American ASA 1 July 25th 03 03:02 AM
Capt Mooron ride a horse Capt.American ASA 0 July 25th 03 02:29 AM