Capt. Neal®

"katysails" wrote in message ...
...and even you ahve to pull sometimes to de-calcify your bottom

That's not why I pull from time to time. It has more to do with
the plumbing.

CN

DSK

Jeff Morris wrote:
I've sailed them a few times - great boats. My dink is built by Edey
and Duff.

Do you have a Fatty Knees? That's a great dink...

Their Columbia tender is too big & heavy for most but it's an excellent
pulling boat and very good looking. Pics don't do it justice.

DSK

Jeff Morris

DSK wrote:
Jeff Morris wrote:

I've sailed them a few times - great boats. My dink is built by Edey
and Duff.

Do you have a Fatty Knees? That's a great dink...

Yes, I have a thing for quality rowing dinks. I also have a Trinka 10'
with sailing rig, but it was retired to my brother's cabin in Maine
because it was too long to fit between the backstays on the cat. We
bought the Fatty Knees 8, but I wish we had the 9 because the 8 feels
real small in a chop!

Their Columbia tender is too big & heavy for most but it's an excellent
pulling boat and very good looking. Pics don't do it justice.

At 11'6" and 130 pounds, its not the dink for everyone. but Captain Nat
had a way of making everything perfect!

Capt. Neal®

Way too big for a dinghy in today's world of sprightly
GRP cruising yachts. 11'6" and 130 pounds is too heavy
to put upside-down on deck and it is too dangerous to
tow behind in anything but benign conditions.

People like DSK think they look "cool" in one of those
old, heavy dinghy's that have seen their time come and
go. Knowledgeable sailors look at King types row by
and immediately understand what motivates them.

They are not cruisers, rather, they are pretending to
be some old salt. This while wearing their Docksiders
and their Henri Lloyd fowlies. One thing it's good for
is a chuckle!

CN

"Jeff Morris" wrote in message ...
DSK wrote:
Jeff Morris wrote:

I've sailed them a few times - great boats. My dink is built by Edey
and Duff.

Do you have a Fatty Knees? That's a great dink...

Yes, I have a thing for quality rowing dinks. I also have a Trinka 10'
with sailing rig, but it was retired to my brother's cabin in Maine
because it was too long to fit between the backstays on the cat. We
bought the Fatty Knees 8, but I wish we had the 9 because the 8 feels
real small in a chop!

Their Columbia tender is too big & heavy for most but it's an excellent
pulling boat and very good looking. Pics don't do it justice.

At 11'6" and 130 pounds, its not the dink for everyone. but Captain Nat
had a way of making everything perfect!

Capt. Neal®

Real cruising sailors use dinghy and tender interchangeably.

It's only the racers who think dinghy is something one races.

You have revealed your true stripes, Mr. Racer, with your
comments below.

CN

OzOne wrote in message ...
On Thu, 16 Dec 2004 14:28:16 -0500, Capt. Neal®
scribbled thusly:

Way too big for a dinghy in today's world of sprightly
GRP cruising yachts. 11'6" and 130 pounds is too heavy
to put upside-down on deck and it is too dangerous to
tow behind in anything but benign conditions.

People like DSK think they look "cool" in one of those
old, heavy dinghy's that have seen their time come and
go. Knowledgeable sailors look at King types row by
and immediately understand what motivates them.

Nothing quite as good as an old clinker built rowing dinghy...as a
dinghy.

NOT as a tender!

You need to be a shade more clear in your nautical descriptions Cappy.

Oz1...of the 3 twins.

Capt. Neal®

You're a much more interesting fellow since you finally got
over your fixation with liberal politics and Bush bashing.

Wrong, but more interesting.

CN

OzOne wrote in message ...
On Thu, 16 Dec 2004 16:22:37 -0500, Capt. Neal®
scribbled thusly:

Real cruising sailors use dinghy and tender interchangeably.

It's only the racers who think dinghy is something one races.

You failed to see my reference to a "rowing" dinghy.
They are used to transport people and goods from point to point
quickly and safely.
Usually being over 12' long and often as much as 16', they are easily
rowed, stable, and track well.
They keep a man fit and strong as outboards are rarely used by real
men on these craft.
Mine is a 15' clinker which is about 40 years old and still in
excellent condition. It takes 3 strong men to carry, yet rows like it
weight very little.

My yacht tenders are a different story being inflatables with
outboards..they are not designed to row well neither are those
dangerously unstable 6'prams.

You have revealed your true stripes, Mr. Racer, with your
comments below.

Actually Mr Mooring Minder, I have revealed that I choose craft for a
purpose, not a budget.

My rowing scull was purchased for about $8000 and is designed for
nothing other than rowing at speed.
My clinker rowing skiff is designed to travel up and down rivers and
across lakes under human power alone carrying 3 or 4 passengers.
My yacht tender is designed to get from a shore the short distance out
to my yacht. It rows very badly and is good only for short distances
without its outboard.

Yes Mr Mooring Minder, true stripes..chose a vessel to suit your
requirements and use it within the parameters of its design.

Thank you for listening ;-)

CN

OzOne wrote in message ...
On Thu, 16 Dec 2004 14:28:16 -0500, Capt. Neal®
scribbled thusly:

Way too big for a dinghy in today's world of sprightly
GRP cruising yachts. 11'6" and 130 pounds is too heavy
to put upside-down on deck and it is too dangerous to
tow behind in anything but benign conditions.

People like DSK think they look "cool" in one of those
old, heavy dinghy's that have seen their time come and
go. Knowledgeable sailors look at King types row by
and immediately understand what motivates them.

Nothing quite as good as an old clinker built rowing dinghy...as a
dinghy.

NOT as a tender!

You need to be a shade more clear in your nautical descriptions Cappy.

Oz1...of the 3 twins.

Oz1...of the 3 twins.

DSK

Crap'n Neal® wrote:
Way too big for a dinghy in today's world of sprightly
GRP cruising yachts. 11'6" and 130 pounds is too heavy
to put upside-down on deck and it is too dangerous to
tow behind in anything but benign conditions.

No but it hoists on davits real well.

People like DSK think they look "cool" in one of those
old, heavy dinghy's that have seen their time come and
go.

And bitter old farts who have niether the skill nor the fitness to enjoy
rowing silently wish they could.

DSK

katysails

No more than yours...I expect you repair your plumbing in a solitude...

"Capt. Neal®" wrote in message

"katysails" wrote in message
..and even you ahve to pull sometimes to de-calcify your bottom

That's not why I pull from time to time. It has more to do with
the plumbing.

CN

Flogging a Dead Horse (on topic) Gould 0738 General 3 July 23rd 04 11:18 AM
Back to the (grin)d stone. Michael ASA 23 July 20th 04 05:01 AM
GRETTIR'S SAGA (continued) Nik ASA 0 September 19th 03 10:12 PM
Capt Mooron ride a horse Capt.American ASA 1 July 25th 03 03:02 AM
Capt Mooron ride a horse Capt.American ASA 0 July 25th 03 02:29 AM