katysails

Get real...we have two anchors...but we don't leave them lying about...they
are stowed until needed...

"Capt. Neal®" wrote in message

"All that chain laying about?" You must think me a putz or
something. I, too, keep most of the chain in the chain locker.
However, there is the matter of the length that lies between
the hawsepipe and the anchor itself. This amounts to a couple
of feet on my yacht. Also there is the back-up anchor and
rode which must be readily at hand for fast deployment.
This I keep in a loose loop tied on the port side of the
forward deck. The stainless steel chain is part of the rode
of course.

Any sailor who relies primarily on a single anchor and does
not have a back-up ready to deploy immediately will sooner
or later come to grief.

CN

"katysails" wrote in message
Sorry...no stainless...and we keep ours in the locker..who wants all that
chain laying about? I just get it out when it;'s needed...

"Capt. Neal®" wrote in message

"Scott Vernon" wrote in message

"John Cairns" wrote in message
. ..

"katysails" wrote in message
...and chains....

Be nice, you're going to give Neal a stroke.

Several.

Depends upon the chain. I must admit stainless steel anchor chain
is a definite turn-on because it doesn't rust and it seems to shed
mud and other bottom goo better because of the polished surface.

It also looks so classy on the foredeck. Too bad it costs an arm
and a leg.

CN

Lady Pilot

"Capt. Neal®" wrote:
I don't have my whole life to try to convince you I am the real
Captain Neal. Just e-mail Katysails and she'll tell you I am
who I am.

Well, I'm totally convinced, but then again, I have a tenacity to be
naive...

I run my heater at night because it's cold at night. I don't
have a bunch of blankets and sleeping bags because most
of the year it is hot and who needs that stuff cluttering
up the boat.

Oh dear! I'm such a clueless pilot...

A warm boat does not last till morning.

Why knot?
LP

Capt. Neal®

"Lady Pilot" wrote in message newsrqzd.28181$F25.14270@okepread07...

"Capt. Neal®" wrote:
I don't have my whole life to try to convince you I am the real
Captain Neal. Just e-mail Katysails and she'll tell you I am
who I am.

Well, I'm totally convinced, but then again, I have a tenacity to be
naive...

I run my heater at night because it's cold at night. I don't
have a bunch of blankets and sleeping bags because most
of the year it is hot and who needs that stuff cluttering
up the boat.

Oh dear! I'm such a clueless pilot...

A warm boat does not last till morning.

Why knot?
LP

I should have qualified that. I should have written a warm boat does not
last till morning now that LP has flown north leaving this Captain cold
and lonely. The question becomes,"When will she return?"

CN

A Dickens Christmas Harry Krause General 0 December 25th 03 11:30 AM
GRETTIR'S SAGA (continued) Nik ASA 0 September 19th 03 10:12 PM
Bush Resume Bobsprit ASA 21 September 14th 03 11:22 PM