BoatBanter.com

-   -   Fall Sail on the Chesapeake Bay (https://www.boatbanter.com/asa/24051-fall-sail-chesapeake-bay.html)

Scott Vernon October 20th 04 03:03 PM

That's Baltimore for you.

"Nav" wrote in message
Nice pollution!

Cheers

Scott Vernon wrote:
No. Jon, look at this pic.
http://www.enter.net/photoalbum/data...non/470278.JPG
do you honestly think that coil is going to 'jump' over the winch
handle?

Scotty

"Jonathan Ganz" wrote

It's certainly a possibility, but it's more likely that it would

come

off the handle don't you think?

--
Jonathan Ganz (j gan z @ $ail no w.c=o=m)
http://www.sailnow.com

Thom Stewart October 20th 04 03:43 PM

Jon,

Picky, picky!!!!

Read the rest of the report. Would you have let a screwed up lock on a
winch handle ruin that trip?

Use your brain for something more than negative thoughts. Look at that
bank of winches. Do you really think Scotty isn't going to get that
handle out of there. A Jammed handle and a coil of line that size is a
temporary thing. At best!!

Ole Thom

Scott Vernon October 20th 04 03:45 PM

That ain't cabbage.
;)

"Seahag" wrote in message
Uh, OK, keep checking under those cabbage plants...they'll

show up any day!

Seahag

"Scott Vernon" wrote:
Uh, yeah, you did. You owe me for a new winch and

handle.

Scotty

"Seahag" wrote:
Hope we didn't break it:^)

Seahag

"Scott Vernon" wrote:
Yes Dad. I just realized it when I was closing up

the boat and
couldn't get it out. It was raining so I didn't mess

with it.

I'll still leave it in while sailing.

Joe October 20th 04 03:58 PM

"Scott Vernon" wrote in message ...
"Joe" wrote

Hey Scotty Great sounding and looking trip.
I agree that fall is the best time of year to sail.

Yes sir, best sailing and sleeping weather!

Good fishing and the Harvest moon week. We are going to go out to the
edge of the Gulf stream and troll for King Makerel, Ling, Tuna,Dolphin
ect soon.

Did you ever get out of the site of land?

No. Had to scrap that plan. Maybe next year.

Is mundo really a bully and an ass?

No, he's a sweetheart of a guy, fed me and even did my laundry for me.

Thought so.

Hows Seahags wooden leg project going?

Not so good, evertime she's just about done with it, the dog carries
it off and buries it, or drops it in the water.

Mr hag needs a shaper knife to whittle faster I guess.

I just got back from a road trip. Went to Oklahoma and bought a

1961
Ford Econoline pickup that was sitting in a barn since 81. It was a
bitch on the highway with the granny gears.... 500 miles at 53
MPH..But hey nothing is going to catch it in the 1/4 mile run. Still
all original.. even the paint.

http://www.lovefords.org/galleries/m...ry_special.jpg

I seem to remember you have a classic truck right?

Ugh! those things are UGLY. There's one around here, I thought the
guy made it himself from an Econoline van.

Well coming from a squirty cheese chef I will take your UGLY
discription with a grain of salt.

I have a '53 Chevy PU.
Haven't touched it since I got the boat.

To many irons in the fire?

Scotty

Joe

Scott Vernon October 20th 04 04:05 PM

"Joe" wrote

Good fishing and the Harvest moon week. We are

going to go out to the
edge of the Gulf stream and troll for King

Makerel, Ling, Tuna,Dolphin
ect soon.

Cool!

Hows Seahags wooden leg project going?

Not so good, evertime she's just about done

with it, the dog carries
it off and buries it, or drops it in the

water.

Mr hag needs a shaper knife to whittle faster I

guess.

Problem is, everytime he starts working on it, he
gets...er....ah....distracted.
;)

I have a '53 Chevy PU.
Haven't touched it since I got the boat.

To many irons in the fire?

Yes!

Scotty

Jonathan Ganz October 20th 04 06:21 PM

In article , gonefishiing wrote:
ganz is gay?
gf.

No, but it's pretty clear you are.

Jonathan Ganz October 20th 04 06:21 PM

In article ,
Scott Vernon wrote:

"gonefishiing" wrote ...
ganz is gay.
gf.

you sure?

He sure is hoping.

Jonathan Ganz October 20th 04 06:22 PM

In article ,
Scott Vernon wrote:

"Jonathan Ganz" wrote

One minute you can't get
it undone, then next it comes off with a straight pull.

If you were distracted with other things, I still maintain an

Albatross
could swoop down and pull the handle straight off.

I've know albatrosses and you're no albatross... wait, that didn't
come out right.

Jonathan Ganz October 20th 04 06:24 PM

In article ,
Thom Stewart wrote:
Jon,

Picky, picky!!!!

I'm allowed... This is a picky crowd.

Read the rest of the report. Would you have let a screwed up lock on a
winch handle ruin that trip?

Of course.

Use your brain for something more than negative thoughts. Look at that
bank of winches. Do you really think Scotty isn't going to get that
handle out of there. A Jammed handle and a coil of line that size is a
temporary thing. At best!!

Don't know. He hasn't claimed it was temporary.

Jonathan Ganz October 20th 04 06:25 PM

In article , gonefishiing wrote:
fall off?
your kidding?
if that line fell off, it's not a line in the water you need to worry about.
you may think about the need to activate the epirb. :)
gf.

Perhaps that's what you do when the boat heels on a sudden 40 kts
gust?