BoatBanter.com

-   -   Fall Sail on the Chesapeake Bay (https://www.boatbanter.com/asa/24051-fall-sail-chesapeake-bay.html)

Scott Vernon October 21st 04 07:46 PM

Ozone layer wrote

You blue/green colour blind?

No. are you?

Nope, here the floating handles are red & green....some people need
prompts.

makes sense, keep the red one in a port winch and yada yada. Here
they're red and blue.
http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs...uctDisplay?sto
reId=10001&langId=-1&catalogId=10001&productId=72171&catalogId=10001& c
lassNum=375&subdeptNum=374&storeNum=2

Scootz

Scott Vernon October 21st 04 07:54 PM

"Jonathan Ganz" wrote

No. I'm talking about a jib winch for a 90% jib, with a locking

handle
who's lock has failed.

and an Albatross?

He is correct though, I have to admit, it is a lot better than a

damn
political post.

Bush sucks. :-)

I like bush.

Scott Vernon October 21st 04 08:02 PM

"Jonathan Ganz" wrote

In the winch... just kidding.

We have pockets for them.

I've seen winch handles jump out of those 'pockets' , hop over the
coaming and do a backflip over the toerail. . You really should put
them in a locked locker down below.

Scotty,
beware the Albatross

Scott Vernon October 21st 04 08:10 PM

I've been in 50, but then, I knew it was coming. Still, my winch
handles all stayed put.

Scotty,
beware the Albatross

"Jonathan Ganz" wrote
From a wind gust? Jon, LSD went out with the
'70s.

Perhaps you've never sailed in conditions where 40kt gust happen
without much warning.

--
Jonathan Ganz (j gan z @ $ail no w.c=o=m)
http://www.sailnow.com

DSK October 21st 04 08:11 PM

Scott Vernon wrote:
I've seen winch handles jump out of those 'pockets' , hop over the
coaming and do a backflip over the toerail. . You really should put
them in a locked locker down below.

Are you nuts? Many times I've seen winch handles fall out through the
cracks in the locker door, fly up the companionway and splash right into
the briny deep, lost forever. You should keep them under armed guard in
a bank vault.

DSK

Scott Vernon October 21st 04 08:14 PM

"DSK" wrote in message
.. .
Scott Vernon wrote:
I've seen winch handles jump out of those 'pockets' , hop over the
coaming and do a backflip over the toerail. . You really should

put
them in a locked locker down below.

Are you nuts? Many times I've seen winch handles fall out through

the
cracks in the locker door, fly up the companionway and splash right

into
the briny deep, lost forever. You should keep them under armed guard

in
a bank vault.

yeah, but only on a trawler.
;)

DSK October 21st 04 08:29 PM

Scott Vernon wrote:
yeah, but only on a trawler.
;)

You must have some rich friends. I've never seen a trawler big enough to
have an ATM machine on board, much less a whole bank.

DSK

Bobsprit October 21st 04 09:41 PM

I've been in 5, but then, I knew it was coming.

Bwahahahahaha!

RB

Thom Stewart October 21st 04 10:30 PM

Cripes Scott,

Don't buy a Blue one. Jon will make a three page reply about using a Red
handle on the Port winch and a Green one on the Starboard. With my
single Red handle at least my crew is OK Half the time. A Blue one will
blow Jon's Mind, among other things.

Ole Thom

Jonathan Ganz October 21st 04 10:42 PM

In article ,
Scott Vernon wrote:
"Jonathan Ganz" wrote

No. I'm talking about a jib winch for a 90% jib, with a locking

handle
who's lock has failed.

and an Albatross?

??

He is correct though, I have to admit, it is a lot better than a

damn
political post.

Bush sucks. :-)

I like bush.