BoatBanter.com

-   -   Fall Sail on the Chesapeake Bay (https://www.boatbanter.com/asa/24051-fall-sail-chesapeake-bay.html)

Jonathan Ganz October 22nd 04 03:18 AM

In article ,
katysails wrote:
Actually, you should shove the winch handle down the front of your shorts
when not in use and pull ot out when it's needed.....
or if that bothers you, stick it in back behind the waistband, but don't
lean over, it might clobber you in the back of the head....

Ouch

--
Jonathan Ganz (j gan z @ $ail no w.c=o=m)
http://www.sailnow.com

Jonathan Ganz October 22nd 04 03:20 AM

In article ,
katysails wrote:
I'm trying to envision a jib sheet working its' way around a mast enough to
whip a winch handle out of its' pocket....just how does that happen? Is
this a stayless boat or what?

No. What happens is that students forget to control the lazy sheet. It
ends up hanging in the water unless I say something. If the wind is up
it can easily whip around enough to snag the grip on the handle.

Scott Vernon October 22nd 04 03:53 AM

"katysails" wrote ...

Can't stand it when people rig their boats out in red and green... I
prefer mauve.

Scott Vernon October 22nd 04 03:55 AM

"katysails" wrote in message
I'm trying to envision a jib sheet working its' way around a mast

enough to
whip a winch handle out of its' pocket....just how does that happen?

Is
this a stayless boat or what?

it's the good ship lollipop.

gonefishiing October 22nd 04 04:23 AM

pink?
now what will jon do?
which means he really doesn't know where they will sit
what udder confusion for jon.

gf.

"Jonathan Ganz" wrote in message
In article ,
Horvath wrote:
On 21 Oct 2004 15:36:21 -0700, (Jonathan
Ganz) wrote this crap:

Damn right though. We have color-coded handles on our teaching boats,
along with color-coded people. The red ones sit on the port side, the
green ones sit on the starboard. I prefer to sit next to the red ones
of course. (No, this isn't a political statement.)

Don't lie. You sat with the pink ones.

On the inside, all the women are pink.

katysails October 22nd 04 04:32 AM

Actually, we have to re-canvas the main sail cover this year and I was
thinking of raspberry or hot pink...Mr Sails has given up when I suggest
things like this and just shrugged his shoulders in despair...after all, you
don't argue with the Admiral....

Horvath October 22nd 04 04:58 AM

On 21 Oct 2004 18:07:59 -0700, (Jonathan
Ganz) wrote this crap:

Don't lie. You sat with the pink ones.

On the inside, all the women are pink.

You'll never find out.

Jonathan Ganz October 22nd 04 06:15 AM

In article , gonefishiing wrote:
pink?
now what will jon do?
which means he really doesn't know where they will sit
what udder confusion for jon.

Fishboy, I will sit with the women.

Jonathan Ganz October 22nd 04 06:16 AM

Ganz) wrote this crap:

Don't lie. You sat with the pink ones.

On the inside, all the women are pink.

I'll never find out.

Horvath October 22nd 04 12:17 PM

On 21 Oct 2004 22:15:43 -0700, (Jonathan
Ganz) wrote this crap:

In article , gonefishiing wrote:
pink?
now what will jon do?
which means he really doesn't know where they will sit
what udder confusion for jon.

Fishboy, I will sit with the women.

.... and share make-up tips.