BoatBanter.com

-   -   Fall Sail on the Chesapeake Bay (https://www.boatbanter.com/asa/24051-fall-sail-chesapeake-bay.html)

Scott Vernon October 20th 04 09:01 PM

"Jonathan Ganz"
wrote in message Use your brain for something
more than negative thoughts. Look at that
bank of winches. Do you really think Scotty

isn't going to get that
handle out of there. A Jammed handle and a coil

of line that size is a
temporary thing. At best!!

Don't know. He hasn't claimed it was temporary.

It is temporary.

Scotty

Scott Vernon October 20th 04 09:03 PM

Jon, I had the rail buried quite a bit on two
days. No problem.

SV

"Jonathan Ganz"
wrote in message
In article ,

gonefishiing wrote:
fall off?
your kidding?
if that line fell off, it's not a line in the

water you need to worry about.
you may think about the need to activate the

epirb. :)
gf.

Perhaps that's what you do when the boat heels

on a sudden 40 kts
gust?

--
Jonathan Ganz (j gan z @ $ail no w.c=o=m)
http://www.sailnow.com

Jonathan Ganz October 20th 04 09:40 PM

In article ,
Scott Vernon wrote:
Jon, I had the rail buried quite a bit on two
days. No problem.

SV

Well, that's fun, but that's only part of the picture.
One can bury the rail in relatively light wind if you
try. High winds could easily pick up the line don't you
think?

I'm not trying to make something out of nothing. It's just nice to
have a non-political discussion. :-)

Thom Stewart October 20th 04 10:23 PM

Hey Scott,

If you're going to get another handle, I'd like to suggest a floater.
That is what I did about 4 years ago. It is a little longer and painted
Red. My crew always looks for that handle, we haven't lost a handle
since. In calm conditions I've used it for a MOB drill. It sharpens the
look-outs eyes and the crews response now that thet know th replacement
cost.

Ole Thom

Thom Stewart October 20th 04 10:44 PM

gf.,

Don't know if Jon is gay or not BUT I do know he is "QUEER" I'm not
talking sex, I talking about his mental responses!

Queer as a $3.00 bill

Ole Thom

Jonathan Ganz October 21st 04 12:26 AM

In article ,
Thom Stewart wrote:
gf.,

Don't know if Joe is gay or not BUT I do know he is "QUEER" I'm not
talking sex, I talking about his mental responses!

Queer as a $3.00 bill

Ole Thom

Tom,

Joe is definitely gay. GF probably is also. They keep mentioning it.

Horvath October 21st 04 12:29 AM

On 20 Oct 2004 07:58:03 -0700, (Joe) wrote
this crap:

Good fishing and the Harvest moon week. We are going to go out to the
edge of the Gulf stream and troll for King Makerel, Ling, Tuna,Dolphin
ect soon.

I'm going to the strip club, and troll for groapers.

Scott Vernon October 21st 04 02:19 AM

"Jonathan Ganz"
wrote

High winds could easily pick up the line don't

you
think?

NO.

I'm not trying to make something out of nothing.

Too late.