Maxprop

"Jonathan Ganz" wrote in message

In article . net,
Maxprop wrote:
I'm not qualified to answer for Bush, but if I had to take a stab at
it, I'd say that Bush didn't show up because he feared having his
alcohol and drug problems offically documented.

You should have quit after the first part of your sentence.

I was being complete and accurate.

Yes, you were. You most certainly aren't qualified to answer for Bush,
because you're clueless as to why he failed to show. As am I. As is
everyone, except for Bush.

Max

Maxprop

"Jonathan Ganz" wrote in message

Happy to buy... send me email if you're serious. I promise not
to bring up GWB or Kerry. :-)

LOL. My brother and his wife, whom we are visiting, are as liberal and
anti-Bush as you. We never discuss politics.

I really enjoy debating in ASA, but I think some folks get a bit too
agitated from time to time, yours truly included. But it is a nice
diversion from the workday. The election will be over by the time we're in
SF, so politics will be passé then. Hopefully.

I'll email you.

Max

Jonathan Ganz

In article .net,
Maxprop wrote:

"felton" wrote in message

Oh, so you are one of those who believe he was in the position to
choose not to fly, and even choose not to show up. Well, obviously
that was the case, in *his* case, anyway.

How, pray tell, did Bush accumulate the necessary points to fulfill his
requirement that year if he "didn't show up?"

Powerful friends who helped him shirk his duties, helped him overcome
any bad press he was going to get from his commander.
--
Jonathan Ganz (j gan z @ $ail no w.c=o=m)
http://www.sailnow.com

Jonathan Ganz

In article .net,
Maxprop wrote:

"Jonathan Ganz" wrote in message

After he was wounded three times, which is why it was granted.

Better learn the facts before dumping BS on this NG, Jon. Kerry was sent
home from combat duty in Vietnam because of the three PH rule. He served in
the military for some time after that before being discharged per his own
request to pursue his political career. The three PHs had nothing to do
with his discharge.

You're right. He left VN under the auspices of his three PHs. He then
made a request to leave the military, I believe as you claim. So, he
was upfront about his request, and according to the military
fullfilled his duties. He didn't fail to show up for a physical
against the orders of his commander like someone else.
--
Jonathan Ganz (j gan z @ $ail no w.c=o=m)
http://www.sailnow.com
"If there's no wind, row."

Jonathan Ganz

Maxprop wrote:
I'm not qualified to answer for Bush, but if I had to take a stab at
it, I'd say that Bush didn't show up because he feared having his
alcohol and drug problems offically documented.

You should have quit after the first part of your sentence.

I was being complete and accurate.

Yes, you were. You most certainly aren't qualified to answer for Bush,
because you're clueless as to why he failed to show. As am I. As is
everyone, except for Bush.

So, I think we really need to hear why he didn't show up, don't you???
I think we can take a good guess, which means that there is a lot of
negative speculation going on for no reason other than he's being
stupid by not saying (stupid or smart I guess).

--
Jonathan Ganz (j gan z @ $ail no w.c=o=m)
http://www.sailnow.com
"If there's no wind, row."

Jonathan Ganz

In article .net,
Maxprop wrote:

"Jonathan Ganz" wrote in message

Happy to buy... send me email if you're serious. I promise not
to bring up GWB or Kerry. :-)

LOL. My brother and his wife, whom we are visiting, are as liberal and
anti-Bush as you. We never discuss politics.

I really enjoy debating in ASA, but I think some folks get a bit too
agitated from time to time, yours truly included. But it is a nice
diversion from the workday. The election will be over by the time we're in
SF, so politics will be passé then. Hopefully.

Well, you can't be all bad if someone in your family can think
rationally. :-)
--
Jonathan Ganz (j gan z @ $ail no w.c=o=m)
http://www.sailnow.com
"If there's no wind, row."

felton

On Wed, 22 Sep 2004 21:29:48 GMT, "Maxprop"
wrote:

"felton" wrote in message

Oh, so you are one of those who believe he was in the position to
choose not to fly, and even choose not to show up. Well, obviously
that was the case, in *his* case, anyway.

How, pray tell, did Bush accumulate the necessary points to fulfill his
requirement that year if he "didn't show up?"

Max

Certainly not by doing what he agreed to do when he signed up and what
the taxpayers had wasted $1million training him to do. It was largely
a paper shuffle and out the door.

One of the better, fairly concise summaries of GWB's days in the Guard
is at

http://www.tompaine.com/feature.cfm/ID/3671

Horvath

On Wed, 22 Sep 2004 14:36:55 GMT, "Maxprop"
wrote this crap:

And before you get your panties in a wad, Kerry also requested an early
discharge for the same reason. It also was granted.

Except that Kerry was missing for eight years.

Donal

"Maxprop" wrote in message
link.net...

"felton" wrote in message

On Wed, 22 Sep 2004 04:51:15 GMT, "Maxprop"
wrote:

"Jonathan Ganz" wrote in message

Ever wonder why Bush refuses to answer a simple question about why he
failed to show up for his physical and why he disobeyed direct orders
to do so? Apparently not.

Since the document in question that supposedly verifies your contention

is
most likely bogus, I guess your question is moot.

Max

Except that his failure to take a physical and his suspension from
flight status is undisputed.

His record shows that he fulfilled his obligation (accumulated the

necessary
number of points) every year of his term of duty, including the year in
question. He was turning to his political career at that point and chose
not to fly. In fact, he soon after requested an early discharge, which

was
granted, to pursue his political ambitions.

And before you get your panties in a wad, Kerry also requested an early
discharge for the same reason. It also was granted.

Max,
From this side of the Atlantic, there appears to be a major difference
between the Vietnam records of Bush and Kerry.

Your post suggests that you believe that they both displayed an equal amount
of courage.

I wonder how you can compare the courage of a decorated war hero with the
cowardice of a convicted drink driving, draft dodging, drug addict like
Bush.

Regards

Donal