Michael

Default Annapolis Schools etc.

The Merchant Marine Academy in Kings Point NY is like the regular military
academies as the students are appointed by Senators and Representatives etc.
They graduate with a US Navy reserve commission. I would not be surprised
if the state academies are run somewhat similar although you can just apply.
Maine Maritime, Mass Maratime, Cal Maritime etc. as examples.

M.

Lady Pilot

"Michael" wrote:
The Merchant Marine Academy in Kings Point NY is like the regular military
academies as the students are appointed by Senators and Representatives

etc.
They graduate with a US Navy reserve commission. I would not be

surprised
if the state academies are run somewhat similar although you can just

apply.
Maine Maritime, Mass Maratime, Cal Maritime etc. as examples.

Thanks. I guess I just assumed there was only one major school there.

BTW, I couldn't see any of your posts before you changed newsreaders. The
only ones I saw were when someone would respond to you and leave in your
post. I've never came across that problem before, very unusual.

LP

Annapolis NOODS SAIL LOCO ASA 9 May 4th 04 02:07 AM
Sailing schools in New York City area John Forkosh Cruising 14 April 22nd 04 11:38 PM
FS: 77 20.5 ft Chriscraft project boat in Annapolis Md. $300 or freemaybe Tomato Paste Marketplace 1 October 28th 03 10:09 PM
FS: 1977 20.5 ft Chriscraft motorboat, in Annapolis Md. $900 Tomato Paste Marketplace 0 August 19th 03 12:34 AM