Lady Pilot

"Michael" wrote:
The Merchant Marine Academy in Kings Point NY is like the regular military
academies as the students are appointed by Senators and Representatives

etc.
They graduate with a US Navy reserve commission. I would not be

surprised
if the state academies are run somewhat similar although you can just

apply.
Maine Maritime, Mass Maratime, Cal Maritime etc. as examples.

Thanks. I guess I just assumed there was only one major school there.

BTW, I couldn't see any of your posts before you changed newsreaders. The
only ones I saw were when someone would respond to you and leave in your
post. I've never came across that problem before, very unusual.

LP