BoatBanter.com

-   -   Annapolis Schools etc. (https://www.boatbanter.com/asa/21952-annapolis-schools-etc.html)

Michael August 25th 04 03:01 PM

Annapolis Schools etc.

The Merchant Marine Academy in Kings Point NY is like the regular military
academies as the students are appointed by Senators and Representatives etc.
They graduate with a US Navy reserve commission. I would not be surprised
if the state academies are run somewhat similar although you can just apply.
Maine Maritime, Mass Maratime, Cal Maritime etc. as examples.

M.

Lady Pilot August 26th 04 04:39 AM

"Michael" wrote:
The Merchant Marine Academy in Kings Point NY is like the regular military
academies as the students are appointed by Senators and Representatives

etc.
They graduate with a US Navy reserve commission. I would not be

surprised
if the state academies are run somewhat similar although you can just

apply.
Maine Maritime, Mass Maratime, Cal Maritime etc. as examples.

Thanks. I guess I just assumed there was only one major school there.

BTW, I couldn't see any of your posts before you changed newsreaders. The
only ones I saw were when someone would respond to you and leave in your
post. I've never came across that problem before, very unusual.

LP