katysails

Default CHARLEY - STORM SURGE FLOODING 10'-13' POSSIBLE

Seems kind of strange having a hurricane hitting the Keys and no word from
Neal about how he will survive against all odds...

--
katysails
s/v Chanteuse

---

Scott Vernon

We pulled the rug back downstairs, now we're off to Atlantic City.

Scotty

"Scout" wrote in message
I'm ready for it now.
I had to go buy a tube of caulking and add a new bead around my

bedroom
window, which was leaking.
Bring it on Charley.
Scout

Flying Tadpole

katysails wrote:

Seems kind of strange having a hurricane hitting the Keys and no word from
Neal about how he will survive against all odds...

I don't think he's there at present.

--
Flying Tadpole

-------------------------
Henpecked? Harrassed? Harangued? Join the chorus:
http://music.download.com/internetopera
http://www.internetopera.netfirms.com
SAIL LOCO

,Seems kind of strange having a hurricane hitting the Keys and no word from
Neal about how he will survive against all odds....

His boat sank months ago and he is now living in a trailer park. I saw him on
an eposode of Cops.
S/V Express 30 "Ringmaster"
"Trains are a winter sport"
Joe

"katysails" wrote in message ...
Seems kind of strange having a hurricane hitting the Keys and no word from
Neal about how he will survive against all odds...

Hey Katy,

This is from my friends Sandy & Cheri on a P40 in Key Today

13 August 2004 Key West, Florida

"We got lucky, the winds only got to 40 mph and there was no surge.
We'll wait a little while and then we will start unpacking things and
figuring out where we will go from here." Sandy felt that if the storm
continued north and missed Ft. Meyers, they might go back up there
before going to the Dry Tortugas. But of course, the beauty of
cruising is you don't really have a firm schedule and your plans can
remain flexible.

So IF Neal is back from crusing and not on his mooring he should be
fine.

Joe

--
katysails
s/v Chanteuse

---

katysails

So IF Neal is back from cursing and not on his mooring he should be
fine.

Oh well..can't have everything...and I am SOOOO glad now that the job in Ft
Myers didn't pan out!

--
katysails
s/v Chanteuse

---

Joe

"katysails" wrote in message ...
So IF Neal is back from cursing and not on his mooring he should be
fine.

Oh well..can't have everything...and I am SOOOO glad now that the job in Ft
Myers didn't pan out!

I rather put up with the chance of being hit by a hurricane anyday,
than to know Im going to be hit with a blizzard and freezing weather
every year.

Joe

--
katysails
s/v Chanteuse

---

JAXAshby

rather put up with the chance of being hit by a hurricane anyday,
than to know Im going to be hit with a blizzard and freezing weather
every year.

Joe

people who have been hit "with a blizzard and freezing weather" know it ain't
nuthin but a day off from school. A good thing 'cuz you can go ice skating
that day and it breaks up the week.
katysails

people who have been hit "with a blizzard and freezing weather" know it
ain't
nuthin but a day off from school.

And you can snowmobile down the middle of the street before the salt trucks
appear....
--
katysails
s/v Chanteuse

---

katysails

I rather put up with the chance of being hit by a hurricane anyday,
than to know Im going to be hit with a blizzard and freezing weather
every year.

We don't get blizzards very often and blizzards and freezing weather don't
do the damage that a hurricane does. I'm not in love with the cold, but i
surely wouldn't be in love with flooding or having the sides torn off my
house. Or for that matter, having to run out with the boat to save it from
being smashed ashore....

--
katysails
s/v Chanteuse

---

Storm jib? Stephen Trapani Cruising 8 May 11th 04 05:10 AM
Ketch storm tatics Joe ASA 56 December 20th 03 11:07 PM
I've weathered many a storm . . . Simple Simon ASA 5 November 26th 03 04:13 AM
Nik is flooding the NG! Bertie the Bunyip ASA 4 September 28th 03 02:54 AM
what to do in a swamped boat in a storm? pb General 9 August 14th 03 05:33 AM