BoatBanter.com

-   -   CHARLEY - STORM SURGE FLOODING 10'-13' POSSIBLE (https://www.boatbanter.com/asa/21473-re-charley-storm-surge-flooding-10-13-possible.html)

Scott Vernon August 13th 04 03:45 AM

CHARLEY - STORM SURGE FLOODING 10'-13' POSSIBLE

We pulled the rug back downstairs, now we're off to Atlantic City.

Scotty

"Scout" wrote in message
I'm ready for it now.
I had to go buy a tube of caulking and add a new bead around my

bedroom
window, which was leaking.
Bring it on Charley.
Scout

katysails August 13th 04 02:37 PM

CHARLEY - STORM SURGE FLOODING 10'-13' POSSIBLE

Seems kind of strange having a hurricane hitting the Keys and no word from
Neal about how he will survive against all odds...

--
katysails
s/v Chanteuse

---

Flying Tadpole August 13th 04 04:16 PM

katysails wrote:

Seems kind of strange having a hurricane hitting the Keys and no word from
Neal about how he will survive against all odds...

I don't think he's there at present.

--
Flying Tadpole

-------------------------
Henpecked? Harrassed? Harangued? Join the chorus:
http://music.download.com/internetopera
http://www.internetopera.netfirms.com

SAIL LOCO August 13th 04 07:21 PM

CHARLEY - STORM SURGE FLOODING 10'-13' POSSIBLE

,Seems kind of strange having a hurricane hitting the Keys and no word from
Neal about how he will survive against all odds....

His boat sank months ago and he is now living in a trailer park. I saw him on
an eposode of Cops.
S/V Express 30 "Ringmaster"
"Trains are a winter sport"

Joe August 13th 04 11:18 PM

"katysails" wrote in message ...
Seems kind of strange having a hurricane hitting the Keys and no word from
Neal about how he will survive against all odds...

Hey Katy,

This is from my friends Sandy & Cheri on a P40 in Key Today

13 August 2004 Key West, Florida

"We got lucky, the winds only got to 40 mph and there was no surge.
We'll wait a little while and then we will start unpacking things and
figuring out where we will go from here." Sandy felt that if the storm
continued north and missed Ft. Meyers, they might go back up there
before going to the Dry Tortugas. But of course, the beauty of
cruising is you don't really have a firm schedule and your plans can
remain flexible.

So IF Neal is back from crusing and not on his mooring he should be
fine.

Joe

--
katysails
s/v Chanteuse

---

Roy G. Biv August 14th 04 12:08 AM

CHARLEY - STORM SURGE FLOODING 10'-13' POSSIBLE

I was thinking the same. . . all I have to report is doing my best to
prepare for a category 3 on short notice, our winds peaked at almost
50knots,,,,,

katysails August 14th 04 12:22 AM

CHARLEY - STORM SURGE FLOODING 10'-13' POSSIBLE

So IF Neal is back from cursing and not on his mooring he should be
fine.

Oh well..can't have everything...and I am SOOOO glad now that the job in Ft
Myers didn't pan out!

--
katysails
s/v Chanteuse

---

Roy G. Biv August 14th 04 01:58 PM

snip from an email I got:

"the USCG that Group Key West received a 0900
satellite telephone call from Fort Jefferson in the Dry Tortugas
National Park. The entire dock was destroyed, as was "the mote" ....
but I interpret this to mean the mote bridge. All 17 personnel at the
Fort are fine... and the
dog and cat are OK too.

The winds were a sustained 115 knots and they had a storm surge of
6-8'."

------------

that was first account, updated account was that only the finger piers
at Ft Jeff's dock were destroyed.

still unclear how much damage the moat endured.

Roy G. Biv August 14th 04 07:59 PM

"As of now---- the Fort is closed"

painless registration, asks for zip code & year born:

full article in todays Key West Citizen "Tortugas Hit Hard"

http://www.keysnews.com/281487006686545.bsp.htm

Joe August 16th 04 02:29 AM

"katysails" wrote in message ...
So IF Neal is back from cursing and not on his mooring he should be
fine.

Oh well..can't have everything...and I am SOOOO glad now that the job in Ft
Myers didn't pan out!

I rather put up with the chance of being hit by a hurricane anyday,
than to know Im going to be hit with a blizzard and freezing weather
every year.

Joe

--
katysails