Scott Vernon

Default Sailing.asa and posting

What does the SC weigh, and what are you pulling it with?

SV

"FamilySailor" wrote in message
Decided against the Reinel. I would go in my South Coast 26'A (
http://24.175.244.109/sailing/26again/ ) maybe, but really just want to do

little coastal sailing with her. Although SC 26'A have sailed across the
Gulf many times from Galveston. Bigger boat for retirement is the plan. I
would take the SC 26'A to Florida via trailer and sail to the Bahama's on

good weather window and maybe through the Keys. Having a 1,400 lb
retractable keel will get you off an unexpected sandbar in about 60

seconds,
just hit a button and raise it a foot or two.

Happy Sails
John "26 Again"

FamilySailor

It weights 4,700 lbs. I am pulling it with a full size Ford 250. Two of my
sailing friends each have the same boat (that is why I fell in love with it)
and they pull, launch and trailer very easily. My friend Steve in California
pulls his several times a year over the mountains to Lake Mead with his old
blazer. With slip fees be so high in California, he keeps his on the trailer
in the driveway. He sets it up, launches and sails it about 3 weekends a
month. Takes him about 45 min. to set up and the same to break down and
trailer. He just got back from a 5 day sail to and around Catalina Island.
His sailboat's name is "Blown Away"

"Scott Vernon" wrote in message
What does the SC weigh, and what are you pulling it with?

SV

"FamilySailor" wrote in message
Decided against the Reinel. I would go in my South Coast 26'A (
http://24.175.244.109/sailing/26again/ ) maybe, but really just want to

do
little coastal sailing with her. Although SC 26'A have sailed across the
Gulf many times from Galveston. Bigger boat for retirement is the plan.

would take the SC 26'A to Florida via trailer and sail to the Bahama's

on
good weather window and maybe through the Keys. Having a 1,400 lb
retractable keel will get you off an unexpected sandbar in about 60

seconds,
just hit a button and raise it a foot or two.

Happy Sails
John "26 Again"

Horvath

On Fri, 23 Jul 2004 00:37:12 GMT, "FamilySailor" wrote
this crap:

Okay, I may be stupid (that is relative), but under the "Where be ye" post I
was under the impression, some sailors here are cruising and have no port.
Is it possible to read the posts and reply to sailing.asa while cruising. I
thought you had to be online to access news groups. If there is some new
technology, please educate me. If so I gotta get connected!

In my town, the Public Library is available to everyone. And all
libraries have computers available to the public that have internet
access. We also have wireless available, so you don't have to go
inside. Just pull up in the parking lot.

Jonathan Ganz

It's not necessary to be reminded that gay bums like yourself can "plug in"
in a parking lot.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"Horvath" wrote in message
On Fri, 23 Jul 2004 00:37:12 GMT, "FamilySailor" wrote
this crap:

Okay, I may be stupid (that is relative), but under the "Where be ye"

post I
was under the impression, some sailors here are cruising and have no

port.
Is it possible to read the posts and reply to sailing.asa while cruising.

thought you had to be online to access news groups. If there is some new
technology, please educate me. If so I gotta get connected!

In my town, the Public Library is available to everyone. And all
libraries have computers available to the public that have internet
access. We also have wireless available, so you don't have to go
inside. Just pull up in the parking lot.

Commercial posting... but at least it is boating related! Sailing Fan General 2 July 27th 04 03:19 PM
OT posting Parallax General 9 March 15th 04 01:34 AM
Blatent commercial posting, please excuse user General 2 October 30th 03 08:50 AM
Posting Guide-on question No Spam General 6 September 5th 03 03:25 PM
The Strength of Sailing.asa Simple Simon ASA 4 August 12th 03 03:47 AM