Vito

Default US Military Wants Michael Moore Film OT OT

"Bart Senior" wrote
Stealth fighters are not that--they are stealth bombers.
You are comparing apple with oranges and making
loose comparisions that make little sense, like the
rest of your post ......

That's right Bart - if you're stuck in the past and present. The F-22 is a
stealthy fighter, is it not? The URL says it is. So why are we talking about
bombers? Future fighters will be even more stealthy if we can afford to
develop and build them and pay for Bush's Folly too. If that's beyond you
I'm sure little of what I say makes sense to you.

The F-22, coming soon to a war near you.

http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/ac/f-22.htm

So let me put it in a way even you might understand.

Is the F-22 better? Yes! When will they replace what we're flying now?
When we can afford to buy them of course. Wouldn't that happen sooner if we
were NOT wasting $BILLIONs on Bush's Folly? Of Course! Meantime, our pilots
a flying planes that are not as good as F-22s - right? That means GWB is
screwing our guys just like LBJ did to finance his folly.

Now ask "How's the development of planes even better than the F-22 coming
along?" Answer: not as well as it would if the project had more funds -
like some of the $$$ wasted in Iraq. So future generations of pilots will be
flying F-22s after they're outdated too. That's how Bush is screwing the
military. Get the point?

Joe

"gonefishiing" wrote in message ...
a day or two before the 4th of july, i was aboard, when hearing the sound of
what i thought was a VERY low flying jet, i hit my hit on the companionway
(2nd time this happened) to discover that not more than 150-200 feet in
altitude, 4 fighters roared overhead.
i don't know what they were, as i don't have the specific knowledge to
differentiate models: but they are impressive.

for a while this was an unsettling common site and sound here in NY. i
remember hearing them roar up and down the hudson river at 2:00-3:00-4:00 in
the morning. my office is along the hudson river and would see then during
the day many times.

Well lets hope they change up their schedules now that everyone knows:0)

then there are the coast guard gun ships that patrolled and guarded key
places around NY.
indian point nuclear facility
NY harbor
the entrance to hells gate..............effectively surrounding NYC.

in fact one night, shortly after 9/11 i decided to go sailing to get away
from the smoke dust, and solemn event which enveloped this city.
(have a habit of sailing at night) when the coast guard decided it may be in
they're interest to understand what a sailboat was doing out at 2:00 am.
they were Professional and Serious.

Glad to hear it!

for all the political crap flying these days, i'm impressed by the highly
focused and effective effort of this government and this administration (not
withstanding other criticisms i may have).............perhaps out in the
wheatfields or the west coast, people don't understand this, i don't know
and can't speak to that (and no offense intended). But for all the
criticisms of our war efforts in Afghanisatn and Iraq: some of us have
already lived thru part of this war, and maybe that affects a difference in
a political viewpoint.

yeah i remember 9/11 all too well.

We all do.
sorry for getting off topic

Like its your first time......

yep--the fighters are beautiful things.

Here we have fighters, blackhawks, USCG ect... flying all times,
Makes me feel kinda warm and fuzzy.

Joe

gf.

gonefishiing

Here we have fighters, blackhawks, USCG ect... flying all times,
Makes me feel kinda warm and fuzzy.

Joe

don't now where here is
warm and fuzzy? over a warship?
what gives?
don't they have girls in kansas?

yeah strange paradox..........
gf.

Jonathan Ganz

For Fishboy, that would be playing hide the soap.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

OzOne wrote in message ...
On 23 Jul 2004 16:31:44 -0700, (Joe)
scribbled thusly:

Here we have fighters, blackhawks, USCG ect... flying all times,
Makes me feel kinda warm and fuzzy.

Joe

Yeah, being at war does that for some people ........

Oz1...of the 3 twins.