Jonathan Ganz

Default US Military Wants Michael Moore Film OT OT

Nutter???

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"Joe" wrote in message
om...
Your Nutter than a pecan pie.

Capt. Mooron

Don't be a grammar Nazi Jon..... unless it's a really big word! ;-)

CM

"Jonathan Ganz" wrote in message
| Nutter???
|
| --
| "j" ganz @@
| www.sailnow.com
|
| "Joe" wrote in message
| om...
| Your Nutter than a pecan pie.

Jonathan Ganz

pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanokoniosis

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"Capt. Mooron" wrote in message
Don't be a grammar Nazi Jon..... unless it's a really big word! ;-)

CM

"Jonathan Ganz" wrote in message
| Nutter???
|
| --
| "j" ganz @@
| www.sailnow.com
|
| "Joe" wrote in message
| om...
| Your Nutter than a pecan pie.

Joe

"Jonathan Ganz" wrote in message ...
Nutter???

Nut...t.....er ;0)
Scott Vernon

"Jonathan Ganz" wrote ...
Yes, you're right, but it's more illustrative to call him a murders.

a murders?

"Jonathan Ganz" wrote in message
pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanokoniosis

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"Capt. Mooron" wrote in message
Don't be a grammar Nazi Jon..... unless it's a really big word! ;-)

CM

"Jonathan Ganz" wrote in message
| Nutter???
|
| --
| "j" ganz @@
| www.sailnow.com
|
| "Joe" wrote in message
| om...
| Your Nutter than a pecan pie.

Scott Vernon

"Jonathan Ganz" wrote....
So, Bush is a murder. Thanks for the clarification.

er, um, er, you forgot an 'er'.

SV, Captain, Jr. Grammor Nazi Squad

"Capt. Mooron" wrote in message
Don't be a grammar Nazi Jon..... unless it's a really big word! ;-)

CM

"Jonathan Ganz" wrote in message
| Nutter???
|
| --
| "j" ganz @@
| www.sailnow.com
|
| "Joe" wrote in message
| om...
| Your Nutter than a pecan pie.

Jonathan Ganz

Nah, he kills me by being so stupid. :-)

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"Scott Vernon" wrote in message
"Jonathan Ganz" wrote....
So, Bush is a murder. Thanks for the clarification.

er, um, er, you forgot an 'er'.

SV, Captain, Jr. Grammor Nazi Squad

"Capt. Mooron" wrote in message
Don't be a grammar Nazi Jon..... unless it's a really big word! ;-)

CM

"Jonathan Ganz" wrote in message
| Nutter???
|
| --
| "j" ganz @@
| www.sailnow.com
|
| "Joe" wrote in message
| om...
| Your Nutter than a pecan pie.

Bart Senior

Stealth fighters are not that--they are stealth bombers.
You are comparing apple with oranges and making
loose comparisions that make little sense, like the
rest of your post.

The F-18 is a totally differenty type of aircraft.

Most American pilots in the Middle East are flying F-15's
and F-16's with thrust to weight ratios greater than 1, can
accellerate straight up. The F-18 is comparable technology
--which can by no means be compared to the F-4 Phantom
which is 1960's technology.

The F-15K is the best bird flying today, and flown by the
best pilots in the world..

The future?
The F-22, coming soon to a war near you.

http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/ac/f-22.htm

Vito wrote

even the French! Thanks to GWB, American pilots are flying F-18s which

like
the Phantom are a good plane but decades old, instead of the latest

stealth
fighters.

DSK

Bart Senior wrote:
Stealth fighters are not that--they are stealth bombers.
You are comparing apple with oranges and making
loose comparisions that make little sense, like the
rest of your post.

Correct. And I would imagine that the stealth aricraft were withdrawn
from the theater ops once the initial strikes were carried out and more
conventional forces were in place.

The F-18 is a totally differenty type of aircraft.

Agreed. The F-18 is a great plane strike aircraft with air superiority
capabilities. It is hardly an antique, it's service life has not yet
approached that of the venerable F-4.

Most American pilots in the Middle East are flying F-15's
and F-16's with thrust to weight ratios greater than 1, can
accellerate straight up. The F-18 is comparable technology
--which can by no means be compared to the F-4 Phantom
which is 1960's technology.

Except that the F-4 was an exceptional plane in it's day, as is the F-15
and F-18.

The F-15K is the best bird flying today, and flown by the
best pilots in the world..

It's a BIG plane with awesome capabilities... by far the best air
superiority fighter in current service. BTW one of their primary
training bases is Seymour Johnson AFB in Goldsboro NC. We see them all
the time, I'll say hello for you next time we drive by

The F-16 is a fast-turnaround forward deployable joint mission plane
that is intended to be cheaper, easier to maintain, and able to serve in
some ground attack roles. Obviously it has to give up something as a
straight air-to-air fighter, and it does.

All this goobledygook like "forward deployable" sounds like gibberish
but it means something with regard to military strategy & tactics. It's
like describing how knights, bishops, rooks etc move & capture in a game
of chess.

The future?
The F-22, coming soon to a war near you.

http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/ac/f-22.htm

They were talking about developing a carrier-capable version of the F-22
but I haven't heard about that for a while. It's been in the pipeline
for a long time.

Regards
Doug King

gonefishiing

a day or two before the 4th of july, i was aboard, when hearing the sound of
what i thought was a VERY low flying jet, i hit my hit on the companionway
(2nd time this happened) to discover that not more than 150-200 feet in
altitude, 4 fighters roared overhead.
i don't know what they were, as i don't have the specific knowledge to
differentiate models: but they are impressive.

for a while this was an unsettling common site and sound here in NY. i
remember hearing them roar up and down the hudson river at 2:00-3:00-4:00 in
the morning. my office is along the hudson river and would see then during
the day many times.

then there are the coast guard gun ships that patrolled and guarded key
places around NY.
indian point nuclear facility
NY harbor
the entrance to hells gate..............effectively surrounding NYC.

in fact one night, shortly after 9/11 i decided to go sailing to get away
from the smoke dust, and solemn event which enveloped this city.
(have a habit of sailing at night) when the coast guard decided it may be in
they're interest to understand what a sailboat was doing out at 2:00 am.
they were Professional and Serious.

for all the political crap flying these days, i'm impressed by the highly
focused and effective effort of this government and this administration (not
withstanding other criticisms i may have).............perhaps out in the
wheatfields or the west coast, people don't understand this, i don't know
and can't speak to that (and no offense intended). But for all the
criticisms of our war efforts in Afghanisatn and Iraq: some of us have
already lived thru part of this war, and maybe that affects a difference in
a political viewpoint.

yeah i remember 9/11 all too well.
sorry for getting off topic
yep--the fighters are beautiful things.