katysails

Default Jim Cate a NO Show

Also, I don't plan on making any extended ocean passages.

What does that have to do about whether you have instruments or not????

--
katysails
s/v Chanteuse

DSK

Jim Cate wrote:

Interesting. - Doug said that the wind speed might have been as much as
10-12 knots. Why do you criticize my estimate of the wind speed but not
his, when he wasn't even there?

Because whitecaps usually begin forming around 8 knots and are regular
at 10. If a doofus like you notices them then it might be blowing as
much as twelve, but it still could only have been eight.

If motorboat wakes are bigger than the chop, then the wind wasn't
anywhere near 20.

DSK

Bobsprit

Because whitecaps usually begin forming around 8 knots and are regular
at 10.

Doug, this is not always the case. We had 15-20 knots as conditions built and
it was quite a while before whitecaps developed.
Worse, you know this can be the case. Stop acting like a Scotty Potty for once.
You weren't there so you don't know the conditions. The pic tells only tells us
so much and only in that moment. You're some idiotic weatherman.

RB
Bobsprit

Jim, remember...Doug "sails" a Trawler!

RB
DSK

Bobsprit wrote:
Jim, remember...Doug "sails" a Trawler!

And has covered more miles in just the past year than you'll ever travel
by water. Anchored more times than you ever will. Sailed & raced a wide
variety of one designs & keelboats over the past 4 decades, often
bringing home silver.

You've got the edge on me in sock puppets, though.

DSK

Bobsprit

Jim, remember...Doug "sails" a Trawler!

And has covered more miles in just the past year than you'll ever travel
by water.

Doug, you're a lot older than me and have been sailing longer.
BUT. You're STILL an asshole who sails a trawler and you talk a lot of ****. I
know your type, Doug. Like Scotty Potty, you're a bitter creep. Enjoy the
trawler!

Bwahahahaha. Aint it the truth??!!!

RB
Bobsprit

You've got the edge on me in sock puppets, though.

Correct. I'll never end up in a trawler. I like sailing too much.

RB
DSK

Bobsprit wrote:

... I'll never end up in a trawler.

Because you can't afford one, and nobody would invite you.

Anyway, since you're too stupid to get this point I'll remind you one
more time... I still have two sailboats, still sail often, still
occasionally have front row seats in races. You claim to sail a lot but
onviously know little and you avoid racing because you know you'd get
dusted.

... I like sailing too much.

Then why don't you actually go sailing? So far you seem to spend all
your time auctioning junk on E-Bay and playing with your sock puppets.

It's been said before... Bubbles, you're nuts!

DSK

Bobsprit

Bobsprit wrote:

... I'll never end up in a trawler.

Because you can't afford one, and nobody would invite you.

Trawlers are expensive, Doug? Are they more expensive than my next boat? I
doubt it!

RB
Bobsprit

Anyway, since you're too stupid to get this point I'll remind you one
more time... I still have two sailboats

Do you cruise them?

RB