Capt. Mooron

Default Bart's Project Report....

Okay folks... I've decided to not get trapped into that seasonal "Major Boat
Works" situation. Nope... this year I'm tending to the details. I'm
concentrating on the stuff that usually gets put off ..... you know the
score..." I'll have time to get to that after she's launched and wet"!!

Well not this year. No sir! No more xtra toys.

I've sanded the interior and applied a coat of satin tung oil over all the
teak work. I've cleaned the fabrics and the bilge is so clean it sparkles.
The engine has been serviced and all that remains is to replace the
alternator and batteries for a test fire up prior to launch. This week the
hull and topsides will get 3 coats of wax. All the metal has been polished
with a stainless cleaner. The blocks have been lubricated and the anchor
chain has been sitting in a bucket of WD40 for the last 6 months. The sheets
& halyards have been pulled, bagged and washed.

I launch on Saturday, May 15th...... and I have just been offered a
Supervisor's Position on a construction project.... 300 miles away. DAMN!

CM

DSK

Capt. Mooron wrote:
Okay folks... I've decided to not get trapped into that seasonal "Major Boat
Works" situation.

Yeah, but you're lucky... your boat already has everything

The engine has been serviced and all that remains is to replace the
alternator and batteries for a test fire up prior to launch.

You do this out of the water? How do you work the plumbng issues?

.... the anchor
chain has been sitting in a bucket of WD40 for the last 6 months.

Isn't it galvanized?

I launch on Saturday, May 15th......

You really really should consider moving south, man. We didn't pull our
boat at all last winter and even the wimpy clubs have been having races
since early March.

... and I have just been offered a
Supervisor's Position on a construction project.... 300 miles away. DAMN!

Well, you have to weigh your priorities... if you take it, you'll only
be missing what, three weeks sailing season anyway

Glad to hear things are going so well. BTW have you seen anybody play
the Australian Bagpipes lately?

Fresh Breezes- Doug King

Capt. Mooron

"DSK" wrote in message

| Yeah, but you're lucky... your boat already has everything

Not according to the Boat Catalogues.... what a crop of new toys they have!

| The engine has been serviced and all that remains is to replace the
| alternator and batteries for a test fire up prior to launch.
|
| You do this out of the water? How do you work the plumbing issues?

Garden hose to a fitted "T" on the water intake hose at the filter trap.
Turn on the tap and voila. I run it this way for 20 minutes after haul-out
to flush any salt water in the system. I've seen too many people having
trouble starting their aux. after splash. Mine always starts at the first
push of the button ... every time... all the time.

| .... the anchor
| chain has been sitting in a bucket of WD40 for the last 6 months.
|
| Isn't it galvanized?

Yup..... So? That don't mean it can't rust! This treatment is good for
the season and keeps the chain looking like new. I put the whole pail on my
industrial grade burner and heat up the works rally good as well..... gets
the oil in the pores of the metal.

| I launch on Saturday, May 15th......
|
| You really really should consider moving south, man. We didn't pull our
| boat at all last winter and even the wimpy clubs have been having races
| since early March.

....and live in the USA... Bwahahahahahahahahahaaa!!! No thanks! I enjoy
Freedom of Speech and a say as to who gets voted in.

| ... and I have just been offered a
| Supervisor's Position on a construction project.... 300 miles away.
DAMN!

| Well, you have to weigh your priorities... if you take it, you'll only
| be missing what, three weeks sailing season anyway

If you count the weekends

| Glad to hear things are going so well. BTW have you seen anybody play
| the Australian Bagpipes lately?

Nah!..... Either they're making Cats quicker these days .... or I'm
slowin' down.... or the word got out !! ;-)

CM

DSK

Capt. Mooron wrote:
.... Mine always starts at the first
push of the button ... every time... all the time.

Machinery knows when it's treated right. It is not susceptible to
flattery & BS... although I have seen certain types of machinery behave
like little children, best motivated by fear...

| Isn't it galvanized?

Yup..... So? That don't mean it can't rust!

Actually, it does. Galvanizing is only a surface treatment though and it
will crack or flake off eventually. It is a lot tougher than almost any
other kind of surface treatment, including most electroplating. Hmm,
maybe a chrome-moly plated anchor chain would be impervious...

.... This treatment is good for
the season and keeps the chain looking like new. I put the whole pail on my
industrial grade burner and heat up the works rally good as well..... gets
the oil in the pores of the metal.

Well, I'm not saying you're wrong, but I'm suspicious. If the
galvanizing is properly done there shouldn't be any pores in the metal.
But a water displacing oil should indeed help the chain last a long long
time... do you leave a slick when you anchor?

| You really really should consider moving south, man. We didn't pull our
| boat at all last winter and even the wimpy clubs have been having races
| since early March.

...and live in the USA... Bwahahahahahahahahahaaa!!! No thanks! I enjoy
Freedom of Speech and a say as to who gets voted in.

Hey, we get to vote too. Of course, it's up to the Bush Admin whether
our votes get counted or not. Actually the big problem is that voter
turnout down here is pathetic. Usually only 20 to 30 percent of the
voter bother. We need a good fascist dictatorship to shake people up and
make them appreciate democracy again!

It's flattering to be offered the job. The issue is always time versus
money. Can't offer any advice except to think carefully, you only get
one life (they say, I'm hoping to be reincarnated at least a few more
times).

| Glad to hear things are going so well. BTW have you seen anybody play
| the Australian Bagpipes lately?

Nah!..... Either they're making Cats quicker these days .... or I'm
slowin' down.... or the word got out !! ;-)

It's cruel & childish but I still laugh like hell whenever I think about
that.

Fresh Breezes- Doug King

Bart Senior

Freedom? What about your whining about gun control?

Capt. Mooron wrote

...and live in the USA... Bwahahahahahahahahahaaa!!! No thanks! I enjoy
Freedom of Speech and a say as to who gets voted in.

Capt. Mooron

"Bart Senior" wrote in message
.net...
| Freedom? What about your whining about gun control?

You misinterpreted.... it was a fair trade... pot for guns!

CM

Scott Vernon

"Capt. Mooron" wrote

I've sanded the interior and applied a coat of satin tung oil over all the
teak work. I've cleaned the fabrics and the bilge is so clean it sparkles.

good girl, now go find a man to do the manly stuff.

SV

Capt. Mooron

"Scott Vernon" wrote in message

| "Capt. Mooron" wrote
|
| I've sanded the interior and applied a coat of satin tung oil over all
the
| teak work. I've cleaned the fabrics and the bilge is so clean it
sparkles.

| good girl, now go find a man to do the manly stuff.

Well okay.... I'll fess up... I directed the operations.... it's not like
I did the manual labour.

CM

Scott Vernon

yeah.....right.....sure........whatever. I plan to paint boot and cove
stripe tomorrow and then beg the yard guys to launch me this week.

Scotty

"Capt. Mooron" wrote in message

"Scott Vernon" wrote in message

| "Capt. Mooron" wrote
|
| I've sanded the interior and applied a coat of satin tung oil over all
the
| teak work. I've cleaned the fabrics and the bilge is so clean it
sparkles.

| good girl, now go find a man to do the manly stuff.

Well okay.... I'll fess up... I directed the operations.... it's not

like
I did the manual labour.

CM

Bobsprit

I plan to paint boot and cove
stripe tomorrow and then beg the yard guys to launch me this week.

Holy cripes. What a pinhead.

RB