Capt. Mooron

Default Bart's Project Report....

"Scott Vernon" wrote in message
| yeah.....right.....sure........whatever. I plan to paint boot and cove
| stripe tomorrow and then beg the yard guys to launch me this week.

What are you using for paint? Are you going to airbrush it or roll it?

I'm mustering crew for tomorrow.... have to do the antifouling and another
coat on the exterior woodwork.

I also just got a free Lifesling, drogue, 2 new halyards, 2 new sheets, a
spare alternator and 2 new jack lines with harnesses.

CM

Scott Vernon

"Capt. Mooron" wrote

What are you using for paint? Are you going to airbrush it or roll it?

alkyd enamel. Roll and tip w/brush. I'll take a pic if it turns out
nice.

I'm mustering crew for tomorrow.... have to do the antifouling and

another
coat on the exterior woodwork.

I also just got a free Lifesling, drogue, 2 new halyards, 2 new sheets, a
spare alternator and 2 new jack lines with harnesses.

did you get them free like bob gets his junk for free?

BTW, I've got new fiddle blocks and sheets for the main. New sheets for
genny too. I paid for mine.

Scotty

Capt. Mooron

"Scott Vernon" wrote in message

| did you get them free like bob gets his junk for free?

No No No.....

A buddy sold his boat and is buying a much larger vessel .... I helped him
prep it for the sale which included removing all the gear aboard. He gave me
this stuff as a way of saying thanx.....

| BTW, I've got new fiddle blocks and sheets for the main. New sheets for
| genny too. I paid for mine.

Kewl.... I can't afford to pay so the "gifts" were well appreciated. I
really needed the new halyards.

CM

Scott Vernon

I should probably replace my halyards as well, I think they're the
originals.

SV

"Capt. Mooron" wrote in message
news

"Scott Vernon" wrote in message

| did you get them free like bob gets his junk for free?

No No No.....

A buddy sold his boat and is buying a much larger vessel .... I helped

him
prep it for the sale which included removing all the gear aboard. He gave

me
this stuff as a way of saying thanx.....

| BTW, I've got new fiddle blocks and sheets for the main. New sheets for
| genny too. I paid for mine.

Kewl.... I can't afford to pay so the "gifts" were well appreciated. I
really needed the new halyards.

CM

Bobsprit

I should probably replace my halyards as well, I think they're the
originals.

You should replace the whole wreck of a boat. Original halyards? What an unsafe
idiot.

RB

katysails

Scott said:
then beg the yard guys to launch me this week.

You have to beg? All we had to do was walk up to the desk and ask Kathleen
to schedule us in this weel....but then, we pay our bills on
time....Saturday was MYC Work Day...rained in the morning but they were
launching boats off the crane at the rate of 1 every 10 minutes or so...very
organized...I was assigned to the gardening crew and cut down ornamental
grass and raked out last years crud from under the roses, etc while Mr.
Sail's hung a door on the dumpster site that had been yanked off last
year...and we managed to get a place for the dinghy on the outside dock so
we don't have to launch it from the Butterfly Beach and then have to row
around the whole club to get to the mooring field. And we did the wax on/wax
off thing and touched up some paint in a few places....
--
katysails
s/v Chanteuse

Capt. Mooron

"Bobsprit" wrote in message
| I should probably replace my halyards as well, I think they're the
| originals.
|

| You should replace the whole wreck of a boat. Original halyards? What an
unsafe
| idiot.

Well jeez louise Bob..... mine would still be the original halyards this
season if I hadn't gotten these new ones for free. They were spares he had
on his boat for the trip.

I can see replacing running rigging often on a race boat..... but on a
cruiser, I don't see the need to replace stuff that isn't worn to a point of
possible failure. I'm certain that like me..... Scott inspects his halyards
and sheets every season and performs the maintenance to keep them in good
operating condition.

BTW.... how many halyards do you have on Alien??

CM

Bobsprit

then beg the yard guys to launch me this week.

You have to beg?

Scotty Potti commands respect wherever he goes.

RB
Bobsprit

Well jeez louise Bob..... mine would still be the original halyards this
season if I hadn't gotten these new ones for free. They were spares he had
on his boat for the trip.

Running rigging should be replaced after 8 to 10 years. It's not expensive and
easy to do. I've replaced all of my running rigging and most of the standing.
Not a huge expense and less worry. I bet Scotty Potti's standing rigging is
original as well.

RB
Bobsprit

BTW.... how many halyards do you have on Alien??

5. Can you name them?

RB