Capt. Mooron

Default Bart's Project Report....

"DSK" wrote in message

| Yeah, but you're lucky... your boat already has everything

Not according to the Boat Catalogues.... what a crop of new toys they have!

| The engine has been serviced and all that remains is to replace the
| alternator and batteries for a test fire up prior to launch.
|
| You do this out of the water? How do you work the plumbing issues?

Garden hose to a fitted "T" on the water intake hose at the filter trap.
Turn on the tap and voila. I run it this way for 20 minutes after haul-out
to flush any salt water in the system. I've seen too many people having
trouble starting their aux. after splash. Mine always starts at the first
push of the button ... every time... all the time.

| .... the anchor
| chain has been sitting in a bucket of WD40 for the last 6 months.
|
| Isn't it galvanized?

Yup..... So? That don't mean it can't rust! This treatment is good for
the season and keeps the chain looking like new. I put the whole pail on my
industrial grade burner and heat up the works rally good as well..... gets
the oil in the pores of the metal.

| I launch on Saturday, May 15th......
|
| You really really should consider moving south, man. We didn't pull our
| boat at all last winter and even the wimpy clubs have been having races
| since early March.

....and live in the USA... Bwahahahahahahahahahaaa!!! No thanks! I enjoy
Freedom of Speech and a say as to who gets voted in.

| ... and I have just been offered a
| Supervisor's Position on a construction project.... 300 miles away.
DAMN!

| Well, you have to weigh your priorities... if you take it, you'll only
| be missing what, three weeks sailing season anyway

If you count the weekends

| Glad to hear things are going so well. BTW have you seen anybody play
| the Australian Bagpipes lately?

Nah!..... Either they're making Cats quicker these days .... or I'm
slowin' down.... or the word got out !! ;-)

CM