Scott Vernon

Default MacGregor 26M - Valiant 40

"Jonathan Ganz" wrote...
So you're not straight? Oh boy!!

Scott Vernon

Jimbo, did you ask your silly questions on the Mac list, like I suggested?

SV

"Jim Cate" wrote in message

Jonathan Ganz wrote:

Well, Jhim, the facts are that you already bought your boat, and
were looking here for some sort of validation.

Nope. I hadn't bought the boat until last week, and I was hoping to get
some information from someone who had sailed the 26M, or who has spoken
with someone who had sailed the 26M, or who knew someting about it.

You didn't get it,
decided no one responded properly, then decided to get on your
high horse about lack of response.

Wrong again! I read all the asinine, opinionated comments from
contributors such as yourself and discovered that the Mac-bashers had
very little of substance to to say. Lots of crap, lots of biased
opinionating, but very little actual information.

Sounds to me like you're the
one who needs to press the down arrow. I mean the lever on the
toilet. You're clearly dumb and an asshole, but not a winner there
either.

Since you don't like what I have to say, feel free to filter me out.
I've been here a long time. I'll be here long after you're sick of
your crackerjack box boat and have to sell it at a huge loss.

It's your choice as to whether you want to continue reading or
responding to my notes. But don't hold your breath expecting me to fold,
or run away.

Jim

katysails

Scotty asked:
If *what* takes 2,3,6 months?

For us to "accept" him and his Mac as viable alternatives to sailing....
--
katysails
s/v Chanteuse

Jonathan Ganz

Scotty, it's time to stop drinking. You're starting to get confused.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"Scott Vernon" wrote in message

"Jonathan Ganz" wrote...
So you're not straight? Oh boy!!

Jim Cate

Scott Vernon wrote:

Can't you sail out to your ''blue water''?

I have motored and sailed out to the blue water off Galveston, but it
takes around five-six hours. Most of the distance is in the Houston ship
channel, which isn't a pleasant sailing area. Most boat owners in this
area (Kemah-Seabrook, located between Houston and Galveston) seem to
prefer sailing in Galveston bay rather than going down to Galveston. -
This area is the third most popular boating center in the country, in
terms of vessels kept in marinas in the area. I understand that it's a
matter of convenience, in that they can get to their boats more
conveniently, and safety, in that the boats are more sheltered from
weather extremes.

Jim

SV

"Jim Cate" wrote in message

DSK wrote:

Jim Cate wrote:

In our area, some of the many "obvious advantages" include the ability
to get out to good sailing waters, sail for half a day, and return to
port within a few hours.

Umm, no. The "obvious advantage" here is that you can get shaken and
deafened while putt-putting out into more open water, then bobbing
around with (or without, doesn't make much difference) sail up, then
reversing the process.

So, it would be better for me to get a larger, keel boat that takes 5
hours to "ROAR" out to the good sailing water, and then another 5 hours
to "ROAR" back to home port? Under that scenario, When do we start
having fun? How long to I have to listen to that diesel?

Jim

A few days ago I went sailing around our marina. Slaloming among the
outer pilings is fun.

"Good sailing waters" is where good sailors sail.

... If you can only sail on weekends, that's an "obvious advantage"
over a boat that takes six hours to motor to a good sailing area, and
six hours to motor back.

You've been sold a bill of goods. You either should 1- keep the boat
closer to where you want to sail or 2- get a boat that can be enjoyably
sailed in waters a practical distance away. There are many solutions to
every problem, and the one you've fixed on is a rather poor one IMHO.

Meanwhile, you get to ride around on your new boat (did you get red or
blue?) while subsidizing your local Macgregor dealers lifestyle. Enjoy.

Actually, I'm one of the fortunate few who will be able to get delivery
of this spectacular new boat this year. Most of their production for the
year has already been commited. (I'm getting the white model.)

FBhis
Doug King

Jim Cate

katysails wrote:

Scotty asked:
If *what* takes 2,3,6 months?

For us to "accept" him and his Mac as viable alternatives to sailing....

Nope. I'll be here for whatever time it takes for you to come to the
realization that you aren't going to intimidate me or drive me away. Get
used to the idea that not all Mac owners are easy targes who will cave
under the usual Mac-Bashing. Give it up, Katy. You're just wasting
everyone's time.

Jim

Jim Cate

Jonathan Ganz wrote:

Yes, Mac "enthusiasts" are easy targets, like shooting fish in
a barrel, because anyone dumb enough to buy one isn't much
of a sailor. I for one have no problem with you sticking around.
Sometimes even shooting fish in a barrel is good, clean fun. Also,
you might learn something and then decide to sell that piece of
crap and get a real boat.

Many of us have been here for years. So far, you haven't proven
yourself to be anything more than a dummy, and a temporary one
at that.

Really? If I'm that stupid and my notes are that insignificant, why is
this discussion string the most extensive on the ng, with over 400
want to waste his time continuing to respond to a complete dummy, as you
describe me, over and over again, ad nauseum?

In case you hadn't noticed, your actions aren't consistent with your
words.

Jim

Jim Cate

katysails wrote:

Jim boasted:
By May 10-15 I should be able to take her out under varying conditions,
and I'll post sone further reports.

I would suggest 30-40not conditions with some 15 footers....make sure you
take a life raft....

Katy, what are 30-40not conditions? I don't think I've ever seen any of
those "not" conditions. - But I'll keep an eye out for them.

Jim

Jim Cate

Jonathan Ganz wrote:

Well fool, since it was pretty clear that no one has the information
you're looking for then I don't really understand why you keep
posting about your bad purchase. Perhaps you can explain it?
It seems to me you just type the same crap over and over,
expecting to get a cordial response? Either you're stupid or
a troll. You pick.

As long as you keep posting the same crap over and over again, my
stupid remarks remains appropriate for your more recent stupid remarks.
(But, of course, there's no law requiring you to continue to read my
notes or to respond to them.)

As posted above, if I'm really that stupid and my notes are that
insignificant, why is this discussion string the most extensive on the
ng, with over 400 responses? Why, after a few days of responses, would
any rational person want to waste his time continuing to respond to a