JN

Default A Jealous Child

Now you're talking about more than just beautiful boats! Give me a full
keel cruiser any day. Cabo Rico can't be beat if you've got the bucks, but
an old Alberg with her beautiful traditional lines? Yes!

Capt. Mooron

Well if I had a known you were a Crab Crusher afficonado I wouldn't have
bothered Trollin' Ya so Bad! ;-)

These finicky fin keelers around here drive me nuts with their constant
harpin' on about a 1/10th of a kt here, a tweak there and it's no wonder
they all wait to reach a dock to drink.... I mean how many brews can you
afford to lose overboard at those angles of heel without it impacting your
annual new suit of sails purchase! Talk about anal retentive sailing! They
don't dare take the damned flimsy things into real water and then feel like
everybody wants to hear about every 2 hour sail to nowhere they take.

It sucks... they have every toy on the market they haven't yet figured how
to use any of them. You know Ya just can't trust any of them... if it's not
nailed down and they're nearby, they go "French" on ya and will steal
anything they can walk off with.

If you see a sailboat in trouble... ten to one it's a fin keeler! I've heard
of one going back and forth in front of a clearly marked and lit entrance
to a safe easy harbour at night, under power with radar, GPS, 4 compasses,
cruising guide, chart and tools one could ever require to fix a three
dimensional, pin point, location..... updated every second!.... and was
still totally lost and confused! It's a wonder some of these Fin Keelers
can even get out of bed let alone tie their laces!

This is my Nordica 30...

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...69844980zQfKZy

CM

"JN" wrote in message
.. .
| Now you're talking about more than just beautiful boats! Give me a full
| keel cruiser any day. Cabo Rico can't be beat if you've got the bucks,
but
| an old Alberg with her beautiful traditional lines? Yes!

Scott Vernon

Thursday, blowing 18~25 kts, me with one hand on the wheel and a fried
chicken leg in the other. Crew with chicken and beer in each hand.

Oh, BTW, I have a fin keeler. :-p~

SV

"Capt. Mooron" wrote in message
[...]

"JN" wrote in message
.. .
| Now you're talking about more than just beautiful boats! Give me a full
| keel cruiser any day. Cabo Rico can't be beat if you've got the bucks,
but
| an old Alberg with her beautiful traditional lines? Yes!

Seahag

Yep. I had the beers, Bill had the breasts!

Haggy

Scott Vernon wrote in message
[...]

"JN" wrote in message
.. .
| Now you're talking about more than just beautiful boats! Give me a

full
| keel cruiser any day. Cabo Rico can't be beat if you've got the

bucks,
but
| an old Alberg with her beautiful traditional lines? Yes!

katysails

Yep. I had the beers, Bill had the breasts!

Haggy

And I now have the picture!

--=20
katysails
s/v Chanteuse
Kirie Elite 32
http://katysails.tripod.com

katysails

Yep. I had the beers, Bill had the breasts!

Haggy

Pretty good feet, too.

--=20
katysails
s/v Chanteuse
Kirie Elite 32
http://katysails.tripod.com

Jeff Morris

I'm not sure what you're talking about, but it brings to mind an old favorite (I heard it
from Jim Kweskin):

SADIE GREEN, THE VAMP OF NEW ORLEANS
HAS MORE BOYS THAN THE NAVY HAS MARINES.
WHEN SHE STARTS TO DANCE OH GEE!
MAMA MAMA PIN A ROSE ON ME
SHE MAKES THE BALD MEN TEAR THEIR HAIR
NOW HOLD HER TIGHT DON'T LET HER REAR.
SINCE THIS DANCIN' BABY CAME TO TOWN
SHE'S TURNED EVERYTHING RIGHT UPSIDE DOWN.
OH BOY WHAT A CATCH
SHE GOT GREAT BIG EYES AND FEET TO MATCH
WHAT A QUEEN, SADIE GREEN,
SHE'S THE VAMP OF NEW ORLEANS.

http://www.ragwagon.com/sadie.htm

--
katysails
s/v Chanteuse

Seahag

katysails wrote:

Yep. I had the beers, Bill had the breasts!

Haggy

Pretty good feet, too.

Heh heh heh:^)

Seahag

Capt. Mooron

Don't tell Bob you drink and sail.... he'll start the AA diatribe on you!

You sail like a full keeler Scott! Looks good on Ya!

CM

"Scott Vernon" wrote in message
| Thursday, blowing 18~25 kts, me with one hand on the wheel and a fried
| chicken leg in the other. Crew with chicken and beer in each hand.
|
| Oh, BTW, I have a fin keeler. :-p~
|
| SV
|

| "Capt. Mooron" wrote in message
| Well if I had a known you were a Crab Crusher afficonado I wouldn't have
| bothered Trollin' Ya so Bad! ;-)
|
| These finicky fin keelers around here drive me nuts with their constant
| harpin' on about a 1/10th of a kt here, a tweak there and it's no wonder
| they all wait to reach a dock to drink.... I mean how many brews can you
| afford to lose overboard at those angles of heel without it impacting
your
| annual new suit of sails purchase! Talk about anal retentive sailing!
They
| don't dare take the damned flimsy things into real water and then feel
| like
| everybody wants to hear about every 2 hour sail to nowhere they take.
|
| It sucks... they have every toy on the market they haven't yet figured
| how
| to use any of them. You know Ya just can't trust any of them... if it's
| not
| nailed down and they're nearby, they go "French" on ya and will steal
| anything they can walk off with.
|
| If you see a sailboat in trouble... ten to one it's a fin keeler! I've
| heard
| of one going back and forth in front of a clearly marked and lit
entrance
| to a safe easy harbour at night, under power with radar, GPS, 4
compasses,
| cruising guide, chart and tools one could ever require to fix a three
| dimensional, pin point, location..... updated every second!.... and was
| still totally lost and confused! It's a wonder some of these Fin
Keelers
| can even get out of bed let alone tie their laces!
|

| This is my Nordica 30...
|
| http://community.webshots.com/photo/...69844980zQfKZy
|

| CM
|
| "JN" wrote in message
| .. .
| | Now you're talking about more than just beautiful boats! Give me a
full
| | keel cruiser any day. Cabo Rico can't be beat if you've got the
bucks,
| but
| | an old Alberg with her beautiful traditional lines? Yes!
| |
| |

Scott Vernon

Who? I thought the ****Head left. Is he still here?