Simple Simon

Default Bent Boom never Fixed

So, you're admitting you're too chicken to bet?

S.Simon Booby's nemisis

"Bobsprit" wrote in message ...
Put up a hundred bucks and I'll go to the trouble of taking a
picture or two of the magnets on the aluminum boom.

Oh my. Like I said, there's no repair. You didn't repair it so would look like
a bent noodle, dopey.

RB

Jeff Morris

So that reminds me - Do you need a special Deviation Table for the boom angle?

"Simple Simon" wrote in message

"Bobsprit" wrote in message

It appears that the boom is bent at the forward bail, or just forward of that.
How far
does the pipe extend? Are you now at risk of snapping the boom again?

That pic shows little more than the bend itself. There is no "repair."

Bet me! I've got some of those little round magnets that come
in the bottom of a shower curtain that I could put on the aluminum
boom. If they stick it means there's iron inside.

Put up a hundred bucks and I'll go to the trouble of taking a
picture or two of the magnets on the aluminum boom.

Waiting to hear how you try to weasel out of this one. . .

S.Simon - Bobsprit's mentor

Thom Stewart

Good Question Jeff,

I wonder if Deivation changes from Port to Starboard tacks?

OR; You could leave the cover on the Compass, like Nutsy does, and not
pay any attention to it

Ole Thom

Bobsprit

OR; You could leave the cover on the Compass, like Nutsy does, and not
pay any attention to it

I've used epoxy to glue the cover down, extending the life of the unit by 50%.

RB
Donal

"Bobsprit" wrote in message
OR; You could leave the cover on the Compass, like Nutsy does, and not
pay any attention to it

I've used epoxy to glue the cover down, extending the life of the unit by

50%.

..... while reducing your cruising range by a mere 2 miles!

Regards

Donal

Thom Stewart

Sure you do, Nutsy,

Who give a **** about deviation. Long Island is south, Conn. is north.
Sun come up East of Throgs Neck Bridge and goes down in New York City
(West) Who need a compass where you sail? Cover it up.
You can always get your lies from the Cruising Guide.

Per Elmsäter

Jeff Morris wrote:
So that reminds me - Do you need a special Deviation Table for the
boom angle?

Nah. Since he doesn't rely on paper charts and magnetic compasses he has no
need of deviation tables anymore.

--
Perre

Capt. Mooron

That's rather harsh Thom!! You were certainly willing to congratulate him
on his trip and report before.... why the sudden change of heart?

You seem to forget that what's important here is that Bob went out sailing
and had a good time. Isn't that what it's all about?

Do you really believe he made it all up??

CM

"Thom Stewart" wrote in message
| Sure you do, Nutsy,
|
| Who give a **** about deviation. Long Island is south, Conn. is north.
| Sun come up East of Throgs Neck Bridge and goes down in New York City
| (West) Who need a compass where you sail? Cover it up.
| You can always get your lies from the Cruising Guide.

Thom Stewart

CM,

Who knows!! I'm just know I'm getting damn sick of all these going on
for ever, boring troll by people that really think they a clever.

Some times you just have to strike back and show that anybody can be
made a victim in their own mind with their lies. Sometimes you just have
to make them feel the way they want to make others feel

Haven't you noticed how when Nutsy get on the receiving end he stops
responding and starts new trolls to drive the trolls he isn't happy into
the back pages?

The "Bent Boom" doesn't interest him any more since it contains Step
ladder sterns.
Magic Boat is about to lose his interest. It lost mine with the original
post but without getting on his case he will make us all wade thru papes
of his boring lies.

He's good at trolling but he isn't as clever as he rates himself AND he
has a great big pair of Rabbit Ears

No CM, I consider Nutsy a friend. He knows it, but some of these trolls
are no better than the crap that Bertie and his puppets put out.
BBOORRIINNGG!!!!

Ole Thom

Donal

"Thom Stewart" wrote in message

No CM, I consider Nutsy a friend. He knows it, but some of these trolls
are no better than the crap that Bertie and his puppets put out.
BBOORRIINNGG!!!!

Do you think that asa would be better off without him?

Personally, I find that the corrections to his stupid claims can be
educational.

When I started posting here, a few years ago, I found it difficult to
imagine what the sailing conditions were like for all the other posters. I
couldn't imagine a cruising area that had less than 4m tidal ranges, .. and
I assumed that everybody has to deal with 12m (39 ft) tides, and 7-10kt
currents, on a regular basis. Since then, I've learned a lot.

Bobsprit's posts get people talking.

I've learned a lot from the discussions that follow Bobsprit's "sailing"
photos. At first, I was amazed at the way people could tell that the engine
was on,... or that they could tell that the Jenny was furled up when only
the aft section of the boat was in view. As time went on, I learned to spot
some of the deficiencies in his posts.

All of these things may seem trivial to you. They are still "discoveries"
to me. I don't mind how stupid Bob appears to be, if it helps me to learn!
Equally, I'm fairly sure that Bob does'nt take any offence at anything that
I write.

As the Father of the group, you need to have a little patience with the
kids noisy arguments.

Regards

Donal

Novice Sailboat Question: Help w/ Broken Boom Matt & Kim Cruising 30 June 25th 10 03:22 PM
slip or mooring costs Parallax Cruising 42 March 29th 04 05:16 PM
The Bent Boom Bobsprit ASA 174 September 15th 03 12:50 PM
Do you hear them..? BOOM BOOM BOOM! The drums of war grow louder. Bertie the Bunyip ASA 447 July 31st 03 05:34 AM
Can ya hear the BOOM BOOM BOOM of celebrations in Bagdad The_navigator© ASA 61 July 26th 03 02:08 AM