Per Elmsäter

Default Paper charts are for Wannabees

katysails wrote:
Don't you even dare to think that thought.
--
Perre

I will if you persist in such a lubberly fashion...electronic charts?
Where's the romance? Where's the glory? What about all those
pathetic little pencil marks, lovingly placed every trip with each
new find? What if someone blows the friggin satellite up? What f
you can't get near enough to a K-Mart to get new ones (let alone
steal new ones like one person here)? Perre, you've been brainwashed
into the 2st century. Technology isn't everything. I refuse to give
up my wonderful rolled up charts (BTW, we buy them on proected
paper). I refuse to give up the compass and dividers.

Sigh.
What am I gonna do with you? How about if I let you keep one chart rolled up
and a pencil to go with it.
--
Perre

katysails

Sigh.
What am I gonna do with you? How about if I let you keep one chart =
rolled up
and a pencil to go with it.
--
Perre

Ain't worth nuttin without the compass and dividers....
--=20
katysails
s/v Chanteuse
Kirie Elite 32
http://katysails.tripod.com

Donal

"Per Elmsäter" wrote in message
Real sailors use nothing but digital charts. It is folish even to have

paper
charts as backup. What if they get washed overboard for instance, or eaten
by the ships rat. No it is much safer to have a redundant system of

digital
charts.

What Operating System do real sailors use to run their navigation S/W on?

Regards

Donal

Peter Wiley

I bought a Mac laptop a year ago. It's the one I take with me when I
travel. My HP laptop just sits on the desk.

Still, for serious database servers and fast logging systems, I prefer
Sun Microsystems and Solaris. It has always worked.

PDW

"Donal" wrote in message

"Per Elmsäter" wrote in message
Real sailors use nothing but digital charts. It is folish even to have

paper
charts as backup. What if they get washed overboard for instance, or

eaten
by the ships rat. No it is much safer to have a redundant system of

digital
charts.

What Operating System do real sailors use to run their navigation S/W on?

Regards

Donal

John Cairns

Nice Per, but I've noticed, not a single strike from the wily Bobfish! You
have to remember, the Bobfish is a bottom feeder, you have to come up with a
particularly rancid bait if you hope to land one of these trophies.
John Cairns