The Carrolls

Default It finally hit me.

A fall voyage would be nice. But my wife and I are going to be heading to
Seattle for most of the month of September, if current plans work out. Neal
also would need a couple of months to return to Tampa after his spanking.
Thank you for the idea though, if Neal is serious and Seattle falls
through, I am open to suggestion
"katysails" wrote in message

You want 20 -30 knots on youe anemometer, I can assure you it will happen.

Heck, that's an average September day on Lake MI...yesterday was 25=30 with
7 footers...earlier this week the waves were 8-10. I think you should make
the race during the autumn season...They've already got the orance "save the
beach" fences up at the shore parks and the windsurfers are having a ball
out there in the heavy surf along with the MI surfers (they're a weird
breed...)
--
katysails
s/v Chanteuse

Horvath

On Sun, 28 Sep 2003 23:37:14 GMT, "The Carrolls"
wrote this crap:

A fall voyage would be nice. But my wife and I are going to be heading to
Seattle for most of the month of September, if current plans work out. Neal
also would need a couple of months to return to Tampa after his spanking.
Thank you for the idea though, if Neal is serious and Seattle falls
through, I am open to suggestion

Uh..... September is over. Here's a suggestion, get a calander.

This signature is now the ultimate power in the universe
Scott Vernon

Mine doesn't.

S.Simon - if your depth sounder can get a reading then you ain't
really sailing.

The Carrolls

If it looks like a chicken, it clucks like a chicken it must be Neil. No
response either way? Just ignore it it'll go a way? Not hardly.
"The Carrolls" wrote in message
.. .
This route is approximately 800 miles. You want more, we can go to Duluth
and back to Houghton where my son goes to school, or even the Toledo

light.
You want 20 -30 knots on youe anemometer, I can assure you it will happen.
You want 10 foot seas or larger, that too. Quit waffeling, you challanged,

accept. Your current "Cut the Mustard" vs My current "Maybee Crazy" from
the Toledo light 7-4-04 6am. The challenger does not get to set the course
or conditions, they only get to back out. Why do you think the Americas

cup
was held in New Zeland last.
"Simple Simon" wrote in message
I never chicken out but I DO INSIST on setting the race course.
Some people have the cheek to say I don't sail and never leave
the mooring, etc. but they're wrong. I sail so much that some
little sheltered water day trip is not my idea of sailing anymore.
I like oceans and long distances single-handing. I like boat and
master to work as a team over long periods of time and strong
winds with big seas derived from hundreds or thousands of miles
of fetch. I don't like to see readings on my depth sounder for
extended periods of time and I like to see 20-30 knots on my
anemometer. If I'm gonna hafta spend my time racing some wannabe
klutz then I insist on making a voyage out of it - not some silly
around the buoys flim-flamery.

I've no interest in racing some crummy little inland course. That's
for lubbers like Bobsprit, LOCO, Pony Express, Horvath, Ganz,
Katysails, Mooron, Oz1, Donal, Navigator, Haggie, Jeff Morris,
Shen44, onnmbrd, Joe Butcher, Billy Jane, etc. etc. So, please
don't insult me with anything less than a race of at least five hundred
miles with mostly open water.

S.Simon - a man, a legend, a standard by which others are judged.

"Wes Carroll" wrote in message

om...
Hey Neil, no answer? You chicken out? You issued the challange, I just
set a few conditions.

(Wes Carroll) wrote in message

. com...
How about from the Toledo Light to the North Tower of Big Mac via

the
Milwaukee harbor light. I will even give you a 4 hour head start.

Say
July 4 2004 at 6am. I drink Mack and Jacks African amber, it aint
cheap nor is it easy to get.
"Simple Simon" wrote in message

I challenged Booby to a race many times but he's ALWAYS
chickened out. I'll make you the same challenge. I'll race you

starting
at Key Largo to Marsh Harbor in the Abacos from there to Habana
and from Habana to Key West. Said race to commence sometime
in December of this year. Loser buys the winner's beer for five

years.
I bet you, like your sniveling, pretend-to-sail, little, butt

buddy
Booby,
will also chicken out.

S.Simon - my 27-footer will beat yours in a long distance race.

wrote in message

On Tue, 23 Sep 2003 01:41:43 GMT, "The Carrolls"

wrote:

What an absurd and laughable point of view, that a Hinkley

Sou'wester is not
a sailboat. You need to look into their history and build

specifications.
Try punching through a tall sea at an inlet with only 15 or 20

hp
available.
To sail through all is not always a good prudent decision these

days, even
Larry Pardee used a motor on occasion. Cabo Rico and Hinkley

are
two of the
best sailboats made, expensive they are, but we are not talking

cost. You
show an attitude that should be sailing a wooden boat and using

canvas
sails.

Simon is not an actual sailor. He's a pimply faced kid who read

some books.

BB

Capt. Mooron

"The Carrolls" wrote in message
.. .
| If it looks like a chicken, it clucks like a chicken it must be Neil. No
| response either way? Just ignore it it'll go a way? Not hardly.

Don't be like that..... it's petty!

Anyway .. Cappy would be the KFC of chickens.

CM

I finally did it! electronics help? pmiller Cruising 2 July 21st 04 04:31 AM
Finally splashed RGrew176 General 3 June 5th 04 02:35 AM
Finally got up on the wakeboard! Ree-Yees General 2 June 1st 04 10:28 PM
Finally used the RF Parallax Cruising 20 November 3rd 03 05:56 AM
A watch that I finally bought Paul General 0 August 2nd 03 12:05 PM