CANDChelp

Default I'm Letting Donal off the Hook

Here's what really happened when Donal experienced the delay in course change
aboard a badly trimmed Beneteau.
He put the wheel over ( not HARD over) for a tack and the boat failed to
respond as quickly as his performance oriented 1st series. It did NOT hold it's
course for 2 SECONDS before responding. If anything there was a delay of a
fraction of a second and the boat altered course slowly.

There there, Donal...now isn't that what REALLY happened?

Capt RB
Donal

"CANDChelp" wrote in message
Here's what really happened when Donal experienced the delay in course

change
aboard a badly trimmed Beneteau.

"Badly trimmed". How stupid can you get?

Do you really think that the sails were up before I used the wheel for the
first time?

Try not to look soooooo stupid.

He put the wheel over ( not HARD over) for a tack

Tack?

You really are losing the plot! Think about it. The first time that I
used the rudder, I was only a boatlength away from the pontoon.

and the boat failed to
respond as quickly as his performance oriented 1st series. It did NOT hold

it's
course for 2 SECONDS before responding. If anything there was a delay of a
fraction of a second and the boat altered course slowly.

There there, Donal...now isn't that what REALLY happened?

That would not be at all inconsistent with my original post. Here it is
yet again:

"They are a very nice cruising boat, which has very comfortable accomodation
for a 31 footer. The 311 is an Oceanis, which is quite different to my
boat.

The last time that I helmed an Oceanis, I thought that there was a serious
problem with the wheel steering. It turned out that I just wasn't used to
the small rudder."

And here is your hysterical reaction.

"Donal displays his incredible lack of sailing knowledge at every turn. With
comment like his, it's easy to see why he bought into Beneteau ads.
He found the 31 tough to steer? What boat is tough to steer when trimmed
correctly. Answer: None, not even the 31 with it's cruising underbody."

The hysteria in your post is easy to see. You made incorrect assumptions in
every single sentence.
The boat wasn't a 31, the sails weren't up, and I didn't find it tough to
steer!

Are you beginning to realise what a complete idiot that you are making out
of yourself!

You haven't taken a beating like this since Capt. Neal was King of the
group.

Regards

Donal

CANDChelp

Do you really think that the sails were up before I used the wheel for the
first time?

Oh, so now you're saying that everyone should know that you POWERED the boat
1st and that indicates overall helm responsiveness???
Oh, OKAY, Donal!!!

Bwahahahahahahahaha!!! Keem em' coming!

RB
CANDChelp

Why Bobsprit! What an inspired application of what you learnt
today about variations in sensitivity resulting from different
rudder specs!

Well, seeing that we're in agreement on what happened, perhaps you can calm
poor loco down.
He's now claiming he motored the boat 1st and lord knows what's next.

RN
Flying Tadpole

CANDChelp wrote:

Why Bobsprit! What an inspired application of what you learnt
today about variations in sensitivity resulting from different
rudder specs!

Well, seeing that we're in agreement on what happened, perhaps you can calm
poor loco down.
He's now claiming he motored the boat 1st and lord knows what's next.

RN

Who, me, agreeable? Not so. I was just admiring the summary of
my little homilies to you on different rudder responses being
thrown up as a desperate defence against the
fast-closing-in-on-you Donal.
--
Flying Tadpole

-------------------------
Learn what lies below the waves of cyberspace!
http://www.internetopera.netfirms.com

CANDChelp

Who, me, agreeable? Not so.

You just said you were happy with my summary of what Donal actually experienced
and that it reflected what was said earlier.
Are you backpedaling now or standing fast?

RB
Flying Tadpole

Ha! what I said was:

Why Bobsprit! What an inspired application of what you learnt
today about variations in sensitivity resulting from different
rudder specs!

A typically ambiguous FT statement. It is open to multiple
interpretation. You're free to put your interpretation on it.
However, your attempt to move me from ambiguity to standing at
your right hand was a bit crass. Hence my subsequent comment.

--
Flying Tadpole

-------------------------
Learn what lies below the waves of cyberspace!
http://www.internetopera.netfirms.com
Donal

"CANDChelp" wrote in message
Do you really think that the sails were up before I used the wheel for the
first time?

Oh, so now you're saying that everyone should know that you POWERED the

boat
1st and that indicates overall helm responsiveness???

Now you are trying to pretend that you thought that I would sail a charter
boat off of the pontoon - the very first time that I stepped aboard!!!
C'mon Bob, we know that you can be a bit dim,... but really!!!

You are losing more credibility with every post. Ummmm ... scrub that!
You can't lose what you don't have.

Regards

Donal

CANDChelp

Now you are trying to pretend that you thought that I would sail a charter
boat off of the pontoon - the very first time that I stepped aboard!!!

Ohhhhhh...now it's a charter boat??? Funny how your post never mentioned it was
a charter boat!!!

Deeper deeeeeper deeeeeeeeper!!! Bwahahaha! Don't stop now, Donal!!!

RB
CANDChelp

It is open to multiple
interpretation. You're free to put your interpretation on it.
However, your attempt to move me from ambiguity to standing at
your right hand was a bit crass. Hence my subsequent comment.

Well written, but I'm afraid the direction of your post puts you at my side,
and opposing Donal's claims. Your protest has otherwise been noted and I fully
appreciate the nature of your objection. It takes a tough soul to admit when
he's wrong and Capt. RB was right.
Within the confines set by the vice-like group mentality, you went as far as
you dared.

RB