Donal

Default I'm Letting Donal off the Hook

"CANDChelp" wrote in message
Here's what really happened when Donal experienced the delay in course

change
aboard a badly trimmed Beneteau.

"Badly trimmed". How stupid can you get?

Do you really think that the sails were up before I used the wheel for the
first time?

Try not to look soooooo stupid.

He put the wheel over ( not HARD over) for a tack

Tack?

You really are losing the plot! Think about it. The first time that I
used the rudder, I was only a boatlength away from the pontoon.

and the boat failed to
respond as quickly as his performance oriented 1st series. It did NOT hold

it's
course for 2 SECONDS before responding. If anything there was a delay of a
fraction of a second and the boat altered course slowly.

There there, Donal...now isn't that what REALLY happened?

That would not be at all inconsistent with my original post. Here it is
yet again:

"They are a very nice cruising boat, which has very comfortable accomodation
for a 31 footer. The 311 is an Oceanis, which is quite different to my
boat.

The last time that I helmed an Oceanis, I thought that there was a serious
problem with the wheel steering. It turned out that I just wasn't used to
the small rudder."

And here is your hysterical reaction.

"Donal displays his incredible lack of sailing knowledge at every turn. With
comment like his, it's easy to see why he bought into Beneteau ads.
He found the 31 tough to steer? What boat is tough to steer when trimmed
correctly. Answer: None, not even the 31 with it's cruising underbody."

The hysteria in your post is easy to see. You made incorrect assumptions in
every single sentence.
The boat wasn't a 31, the sails weren't up, and I didn't find it tough to
steer!

Are you beginning to realise what a complete idiot that you are making out
of yourself!

You haven't taken a beating like this since Capt. Neal was King of the
group.

Regards

Donal