Rich Sargent

Default How do I hook up tach directly to Delco EST coil?

I have been trying to check and adjust if neccesary my timing and idle
speed on my 2000 Volvo 4.3 GL. What a project!!! I have ordered the
jumper and am waiting for that but can't figure out how to hook up my
meter to the coil so I can get accurate RPM's. The meter manual states
to hook up to the negative pole on the coil but I do not have a
traditional coil with a pos/neg on top. It has 2 plastic caps that
plug into the coil which if unplugged to connect the meter won't allow
the engine to run. Anyone have suggestions or know where to get
instructions for this? Thanks

5.7L Merc coil question Coff General 6 May 7th 04 05:25 AM
Motor runs rough with tach wire hooked up Ed Barchetta General 22 February 20th 04 12:43 AM