posted to uk.rec.boats.power
John Orrett

Default Fibreglass repair help needed please

Hi all; first post, so please be gentle with me! My brother in law has a
Seahog Hunter which is kept in Southern Ireland. We only get to go there
once a year, and before we go again in July we need to get a few things
sorted out.

Firstly, last year we lost a fender whilst the boat was moored at the
pier, and consequently the rubbing strip wore away and we ended up with
a nice little chamfered hole along the gunwhale, at the boats widest
point across the beam. The hole is about 18inches long, and about 3/4"
wide. Basically the top an bottom have become separated from each other.

We need to fibreglass the gap, and presumably clamp the top and bottom
half together, and maybe bolt through them to hold them rigid. Can
anyone advise the best way of doing this, bearing in mind that we are
miles away from civilisation, and diy or hardware stores are very few
and far between! Anything we will need we will have to take with us.

We will also need to replace the rubber trim. I've had a look at the
Poolside Mouldings website, and their price is £3.53 inc VAT per foot.
Is there any better place to get it, and would we be able to fit a
thicker gauge strip as long as it fits the flange?
Any help greatly appreciated,
Regards,
John

Datamarine Instrument Repair GBM Electronics 6 December 28th 05 12:54 AM
OB repair update FREDO General 1 December 26th 05 03:15 AM
How to Repair the Bottom of a 1,000-lb Boat? [email protected] Boat Building 19 November 7th 05 04:57 PM
Mast Repair [email protected] Cruising 25 October 29th 05 02:35 PM
Boat Repair MarshallE Boat Building 6 October 11th 05 02:42 PM