Fiona Stirling

Default Its slipping a little

here in BC Canada we still have the odd Orca sighting where i am . on
the east coast of canada a friend tells me there is a huge ice field
moving all around notthern newfoundland and moving toward the capitol
city. this will make for great paddling.
What is going on around the clyde, thames, the channel? has
chipscheeseandmayo sorted her rescues?
there has to be some good paddling going on in gb now? please let this
news group know so i can at least pretend to be home sick!
snapping at each other and the bcu does not help.
fiona stirling.

Ewan Scott

On 1 Mar 2005 05:28:06 -0800, "Fiona Stirling"
wrote:

here in BC Canada we still have the odd Orca sighting where i am . on
the east coast of canada a friend tells me there is a huge ice field
moving all around notthern newfoundland and moving toward the capitol
city. this will make for great paddling.
What is going on around the clyde, thames, the channel? has
chipscheeseandmayo sorted her rescues?
there has to be some good paddling going on in gb now? please let this
news group know so i can at least pretend to be home sick!
snapping at each other and the bcu does not help.
fiona stirling.

Not a lot of water in most of the rivers up North. The South has been
threatened with drought orders this summer - so I guess not much down
there either.

Haven't seen a lot of snapping at each other, or maybe I'm getting
immune from it from the regular bloodbaths on uk.rec.scouting and the
little comments here don't have any real impact.

Anyway, backstabbing, whingeing and blaming other people should make
you feel right at home anyway. After all that's what the UK is all
about nowadays :-P

Ewan Scott
Fiona Stirling

wrote:

[...]

it has been a while. i was wondring about sea kayaking, sailing slows a
little as i know but sea kayaking is alive and well on both canadian
coasts, i know of a couple of silly buggers in newfoundland that will
be scooting around ice bergs and ice flows. they are in dry suits of
course. i have been out twice in february and plan on a paddle this
week end.
wet suit and i even did a roll or two. ( showing off )

the two posts before this looked more like a public gripe page than a
paddling page. i still have no idea, and care less, of what the issue
is. anyway all my best to those still in scotland and around the uk.
fiona

Ewan Scott

it has been a while. i was wondring about sea kayaking, sailing slows a
little as i know but sea kayaking is alive and well on both canadian
coasts, i know of a couple of silly buggers in newfoundland that will
be scooting around ice bergs and ice flows. they are in dry suits of
course. i have been out twice in february and plan on a paddle this
week end.
wet suit and i even did a roll or two. ( showing off )

the two posts before this looked more like a public gripe page than a
paddling page. i still have no idea, and care less, of what the issue
is. anyway all my best to those still in scotland and around the uk.
fiona

Sea Kayaking isn't my scene - although ironically my first ever trip
was in a home built pvc covered home made kayak from Gairloch to Lunga
island where we dove for sea urchins ( many moons ago I should add).

Not with you on the previous two posts. I can see one about
CheeseChips andMayo who has onviously got/ had a problem with deep
water rescues and from that some serious issues with coaching
standards.

The other does involve some gripes about the BCU re-accreditation,
which are in fact very relevant if you are a coach. Surely we should
discuss things that matter. I didn't see any personal attacks there.

Ewan Scott
Mike Buckley

wrote:

here in BC Canada we still have the odd Orca sighting where i am . on
the east coast of canada a friend tells me there is a huge ice field
moving all around notthern newfoundland and moving toward the capitol
city. this will make for great paddling.
What is going on around the clyde, thames, the channel? has
chipscheeseandmayo sorted her rescues?
there has to be some good paddling going on in gb now? please let this
news group know so i can at least pretend to be home sick!
snapping at each other and the bcu does not help.
fiona stirling.

If you really want to know whats "up and happening" you need to go to UKRGB.

Not a lot of water in most of the rivers up North. The South has been
threatened with drought orders this summer - so I guess not much down
there either.

Had some excellent sea paddling recently - no Orcas though. Rivers are a bit
on the bonny side.

Haven't seen a lot of snapping at each other, or maybe I'm getting
immune from it from the regular bloodbaths on uk.rec.scouting and the
little comments here don't have any real impact.

Bizzare that an organisation priding itself on "fellowship" is plauged by so
much bitching - both internally and on newsgroups. Petty and sad.

Anyway, backstabbing, whingeing and blaming other people should make
you feel right at home anyway. After all that's what the UK is all
about nowadays :-P

Interesting view - Mike.