Fiona Stirling

Ewan Scott wrote:
On 1 Mar 2005 05:28:06 -0800, "Fiona Stirling"

wrote:

here in BC Canada we still have the odd Orca sighting where i am .

on
the east coast of canada a friend tells me there is a huge ice field
moving all around notthern newfoundland and moving toward the

capitol
city. this will make for great paddling.
What is going on around the clyde, thames, the channel? has
chipscheeseandmayo sorted her rescues?
there has to be some good paddling going on in gb now? please let

this
news group know so i can at least pretend to be home sick!
snapping at each other and the bcu does not help.
fiona stirling.

Not a lot of water in most of the rivers up North. The South has

been
threatened with drought orders this summer - so I guess not much down
there either.

Haven't seen a lot of snapping at each other, or maybe I'm getting
immune from it from the regular bloodbaths on uk.rec.scouting and the
little comments here don't have any real impact.

Anyway, backstabbing, whingeing and blaming other people should make
you feel right at home anyway. After all that's what the UK is all
about nowadays :-P

Ewan Scott

it has been a while. i was wondring about sea kayaking, sailing slows a
little as i know but sea kayaking is alive and well on both canadian
coasts, i know of a couple of silly buggers in newfoundland that will
be scooting around ice bergs and ice flows. they are in dry suits of
course. i have been out twice in february and plan on a paddle this
week end.
wet suit and i even did a roll or two. ( showing off )

the two posts before this looked more like a public gripe page than a
paddling page. i still have no idea, and care less, of what the issue
is. anyway all my best to those still in scotland and around the uk.
fiona