John-news-group

Default 100% Waterproof Container 12Ltr.

Features

1) Hollow center silicon seal.

2) Molded seal. A molded seal has no joints; A joint is the first
place a seal will start to leak.

3) Fold Flat Handle

4) Temperature Range. -30 to +140 deg.

5) Dimensions. 315mm x 230mm x 230mm H Vol. 12Ltr.

have a look at http://www.occuk.co.uk/outdoor/L&L.htm

John
Thank you

John O'Connell
-------------------------------------
O C Outdoor
Web page www.occuk.co.uk/outdoor
--------------------------------------
Dave Mayall

On Mon, 17 May 2004 22:09:43 +0100, John-news-group
wrote:

Features

1) Hollow center silicon seal.

2) Molded seal. A molded seal has no joints; A joint is the first
place a seal will start to leak.

3) Fold Flat Handle

4) Temperature Range. -30 to +140 deg.

5) Dimensions. 315mm x 230mm x 230mm H Vol. 12Ltr.

have a look at http://www.occuk.co.uk/outdoor/L&L.htm

Another company to add to the "never buy anything there" list.

--
Dave Mayall
Charlie

Dave Mayall wrote:
On Mon, 17 May 2004 22:09:43 +0100, John-news-group wrote:

Features

I have one of these in my fridge to keep the cheese in, are they being
suggested for keeping kit dry while boating?

have a look at http://www.occuk.co.uk/outdoor/L&L.htm

Another company to add to the "never buy anything there" list.

You should maybe explain why.
marc

In article ,
says...
Dave Mayall wrote:
On Mon, 17 May 2004 22:09:43 +0100, John-news-group wrote:

Features

I have one of these in my fridge to keep the cheese in, are they being
suggested for keeping kit dry while boating?

have a look at
http://www.occuk.co.uk/outdoor/L&L.htm

Another company to add to the "never buy anything there" list.

You should maybe explain why.

Spammers deserve to be ignored, maybe the message will then get
through...?
riverman

"marc" marccdimspamremovedimspamto wrote in
message .. .
In article ,
says...
Dave Mayall wrote:
On Mon, 17 May 2004 22:09:43 +0100, John-news-group wrote:

Features

I have one of these in my fridge to keep the cheese in, are they being
suggested for keeping kit dry while boating?

have a look at
http://www.occuk.co.uk/outdoor/L&L.htm

Another company to add to the "never buy anything there" list.

You should maybe explain why.

Spammers deserve to be ignored, maybe the message will then get
through...?

So, how's it going, then? Seems like this guy's ad just got some extra push.

--riverman

David Pearson

In message , marc
nvalid writes
In article ,
says...
Dave Mayall wrote:
On Mon, 17 May 2004 22:09:43 +0100, John-news-group wrote:

Features

I have one of these in my fridge to keep the cheese in, are they being
suggested for keeping kit dry while boating?

have a look at http://www.occuk.co.uk/outdoor/L&L.htm

Another company to add to the "never buy anything there" list.

You should maybe explain why.

Spammers deserve to be ignored, maybe the message will then get
through...?

There is a subtle difference between genuine spam, and a possibly naive
company advertising genuinely useful wares in a relevant place. I
haven't checked the newsgroup charter, but the occasional (appropriately
placed) advert here shouldn't be the end of the world - so I suggest we
give this guy the benefit of the doubt for now! Now - if the same
company were indiscriminately e-mailing half the UK, that would be
another matter!

Lock'n'lock containers are actually rather useful for canoeing /
kayaking provided one recognises they aren't indestructible. I use a
pasta pot for flares for my sea kayak and small ones for first aid kit,
camera batteries, that kind of thing. They seem to stand up reasonably
well. The "Lakeland" kitchenware people carry a broad range (though
I've not seen the big one with the handle on!).
--
David Pearson
Dave Mayall

On Tue, 18 May 2004 16:41:52 +0100, marc marccdimspamremovedimspamto
wrote:

In article ,
says...
Dave Mayall wrote:
On Mon, 17 May 2004 22:09:43 +0100, John-news-group wrote:

Features

I have one of these in my fridge to keep the cheese in, are they being
suggested for keeping kit dry while boating?

have a look at
http://www.occuk.co.uk/outdoor/L&L.htm

Another company to add to the "never buy anything there" list.

You should maybe explain why.

Spammers deserve to be ignored, maybe the message will then get
through...?

That's the idea!

--
Dave Mayall
Dave Mayall

On Tue, 18 May 2004 20:32:05 +0100, David Pearson
wrote:

There is a subtle difference between genuine spam, and a possibly naive
company advertising genuinely useful wares in a relevant place.

Not to the person suffering the junk there isn't.

haven't checked the newsgroup charter, but the occasional (appropriately
placed) advert here shouldn't be the end of the world

That advert isn't appropriately placed. It is posted to a number of
newsgroups by an idiot who doesn't himself participate in those
newsgroups.

- so I suggest we
give this guy the benefit of the doubt for now!

Suggestion noted and ignored. I'm sticking with my original idea of
never buying anything from the idiot, and recommending that others
don't.

Lock'n'lock containers are actually rather useful for canoeing /
kayaking provided one recognises they aren't indestructible.

I'm sure they are. If I ever want any, I'll buy some from a reputable
source, and OC Outdoors isn't a reputable source IMHO.

--
Dave Mayall
Alan Adams

wrote:

There is a subtle difference between genuine spam, and a possibly naive
company advertising genuinely useful wares in a relevant place.

Not to the person suffering the junk there isn't.

On the other hand, if you'd simply ignored the mesage I would have had to
see it once.

Instead I've seen close to 10 messages, i.e. a 10-fold increase in junk.

The best way to deal with spam is to ignore it. Anything else increases the
volume.

http://www.nckc.org.uk/