Alan Adams

Default 100% Waterproof Container 12Ltr.

In message . co.uk
Dave Mayall wrote:

On Tue, 18 May 2004 20:32:05 +0100, David Pearson
wrote:

There is a subtle difference between genuine spam, and a possibly naive
company advertising genuinely useful wares in a relevant place.

Not to the person suffering the junk there isn't.

On the other hand, if you'd simply ignored the mesage I would have had to
see it once.

Instead I've seen close to 10 messages, i.e. a 10-fold increase in junk.

The best way to deal with spam is to ignore it. Anything else increases the
volume.

haven't checked the newsgroup charter, but the occasional (appropriately
placed) advert here shouldn't be the end of the world

That advert isn't appropriately placed. It is posted to a number of
newsgroups by an idiot who doesn't himself participate in those
newsgroups.

- so I suggest we
give this guy the benefit of the doubt for now!

Suggestion noted and ignored. I'm sticking with my original idea of
never buying anything from the idiot, and recommending that others
don't.

Lock'n'lock containers are actually rather useful for canoeing /
kayaking provided one recognises they aren't indestructible.

I'm sure they are. If I ever want any, I'll buy some from a reputable
source, and OC Outdoors isn't a reputable source IMHO.

--
Alan Adams

http://www.nckc.org.uk/