Warren

In article Ttmue.2963$G4.1559@trnddc09, Bub wrote:

Hello,
Can anyone give me an opinion or opinions on a GPS? I'm not looking for a
Cadillac. Just something that is waterproof, Tells me where I am, how to get
home, how fast I got here, how long it took. And most of all, cheap. Under
$150?
Thanks, Bub

I like the etrex legend. $169 at EMS but there's a 20% off sale going
on right now and you may be able to fine a comparable discount on the
internet. It will do just what you wanted and is waterproof. If you
want to see more detailed map information you'll have to spend another
$80-$100 for the Roads & Recreation or Topo map software which is well
worth it because it allows me to navigate through the various channels
and estuaries in the salt marshes in SE Massachusetts with real
accuracy. If you want to forego any map display get the basic etrex at
about $100, but again less 20% at EMS

http://www.ems.com/navigation/subcat...folder_id=2534
374302160885&fromTemplate=navigation%2Flanding.jsp &bmUID=1119581099165

Advice Wanted Chris Boat Building 0 June 20th 04 12:26 PM
ON Topic -- Power boat novice seeks advice Jim General 31 April 15th 04 02:22 AM
Sailing Advice, what not to do josh ASA 4 January 10th 04 04:26 AM
Prop Size - Advice on Advice? Lloyd Sumpter General 8 December 31st 03 04:17 AM
Sage restoration advice wanted (osmosis) Angus Gratton General 4 November 14th 03 07:04 PM