josh

Default Sailing Advice, what not to do

Dear Capt.Neal,
Who are you to say if a person is too fat, they can't sail. Sailing is
for anyone who bloody well wants to. I know a few over weight people
who would kick your sweet but out on the water. And how can you say
sailing on a lake isn't actually real sailing.

I recal you said:
"Sailing on a lake is not sailing any more than riding on
bumper cars is like driving real automobiles in real traffic"
(Capt.Neal)

Geez it must of taken a while to come up with that piece of garbage.

Sailings a lot tougher mentaly and tacticaly on a shifty lake than a
constant gust of an ocean.

You said the best cause of action is to buy a 25-30 foot sloop.
Well!!! If you're pretending to be the americas cup campion that you
think you really are mayby you should give advice at that level. An
extra 50 kilo crew weight for a few fat people dosn't mean jack on a
old sloop.

"If you want to sail then learn to sail without a motor." (Capt.Neal)

what kind of **** is that. If you are going to tackel the big atlantic
seas that you say sailing is about, sailing without a motor is pretty
stupid.

Maybe you should read into sailing a bit more and shut up before you
hurt someone. This so called advice about sailing sounds more like
trying to grow a bigger dick.

Any you signed "Respectfully Capt.Neal"

what is that, not even a 8 year old holdy sailor would give any
respect you think you deserve.

Anyone reading this message watch out for people like Capt.Neal., his
origional message is below which you should take a look at what not to
do and what not to believe about sailing.

Sailings for anyone and theres such a broard range of fleets,
races,and clubs out there that you just have to drop by to start up.
Dont believe everything you hear in forums on the internet. Go out and
buy a book if you want to get into sailing.

Josh Carr
Australia

Below is the origional message of Cpt.fathead know it all neal

http://groups.google.com.au/groups?q...ews.com&rnum=5
Jonathan Ganz

So, ummm, you're fat?

Additional comments included....

"josh" wrote in message
om...
Dear Capt.Neal,
Who are you to say if a person is too fat, they can't sail. Sailing is
for anyone who bloody well wants to. I know a few over weight people
who would kick your sweet but out on the water. And how can you say
sailing on a lake isn't actually real sailing.

Well, Neal sails around his mooring. That's got to be pretty challenging
for him.

I recal you said:
"Sailing on a lake is not sailing any more than riding on
bumper cars is like driving real automobiles in real traffic"
(Capt.Neal)

For him, it's pretty tame.

Geez it must of taken a while to come up with that piece of garbage.

Nah, they're just different mental exercises.

Sailings a lot tougher mentaly and tacticaly on a shifty lake than a
constant gust of an ocean.

I guess it depends on where the fatty sits.

You said the best cause of action is to buy a 25-30 foot sloop.
Well!!! If you're pretending to be the americas cup campion that you
think you really are mayby you should give advice at that level. An
extra 50 kilo crew weight for a few fat people dosn't mean jack on a
old sloop.

On this, I mostly agree with him. You don't need a motor in the
middle of the Atlantic (well, mostly, especially an outboard). If anytime
you need it around the marina or harbors, and then only depending on
the kind/size of boat. I didn't have an engine for several years on my
16 foot trimaran, and I teach students to dock under sail alone for
30+ foot keel boats. I don't recommend they do it unless they have to,
but it's a good skill to have. Besides, there are many people who sail
on large keel boats for years at a time without engines, they sail across
oceans and dock in unfamiliar ports and usually don't have any problems.
Not something I would do, but it can be done with relative safety.

"If you want to sail then learn to sail without a motor." (Capt.Neal)

what kind of **** is that. If you are going to tackel the big atlantic
seas that you say sailing is about, sailing without a motor is pretty
stupid.

You have to have one first, which lets Neal out of the argument right
there. (No offense to the women... they don't need dicks to be excellent
sailors.)

Maybe you should read into sailing a bit more and shut up before you
hurt someone. This so called advice about sailing sounds more like
trying to grow a bigger dick.

I think you need to take a chill pill. Neal is just an irritant. He's not
particularly dangerous.

Any you signed "Respectfully Capt.Neal"

what is that, not even a 8 year old holdy sailor would give any
respect you think you deserve.

Nah, take his advice, but only if you're brain-damaged to begin
with.

Anyone reading this message watch out for people like Capt.Neal., his
origional message is below which you should take a look at what not to
do and what not to believe about sailing.

Sailing is most definitely *not* for everyone. However, the restriction
is limited to those who have no interest in it.

And, no, *don't* buy a book if you want to get into sailing. Terrible
advice. Get out there and sail. Take a lesson or three. Go with a friend
who has a boat or hang out in a marina where there's a racing fleet and
try and get on a boat as rail meat. *After* you've had some hands on
experience, then get a book... maybe. You won't learn anywhere near
as much from a book as you will from actually getting out on the water.
If you have to do something besides sailing, rent Captain Ron. While
mostly a comedy, the best piece of advice he gives is right on. "If it's
going to happen, it's going to happen out there."

Sailings for anyone and theres such a broard range of fleets,
races,and clubs out there that you just have to drop by to start up.
Dont believe everything you hear in forums on the internet. Go out and
buy a book if you want to get into sailing.

Josh Carr
Australia

Below is the origional message of Cpt.fathead know it all neal

http://groups.google.com.au/groups?q...ews.com&rnum=5

Jonathan Ganz

Ah, I didn't realize. I wondered about the gust thing, but
figured he was just fat.

wrote in message
On Wed, 7 Jan 2004 10:47:14 -0800, "Jonathan Ganz"
wrote:

So, ummm, you're fat?

Additional comments included....

Jon - He's responding to a post made over TWO YEARS AGO!

I think if he just explains, "constant gust of an ocean", the rest
will take care of itself.

BB

. com...

I recal you said:
"Sailing on a lake is not sailing any more than riding on
bumper cars is like driving real automobiles in real traffic"
(Capt.Neal)

For him, it's pretty tame.

Geez it must of taken a while to come up with that piece of garbage.

Nah, they're just different mental exercises.

Sailings a lot tougher mentaly and tacticaly on a shifty lake than a
constant gust of an ocean.

SNIP

katysails

Josh,
We are all aware of the terrible deficiency within our midst called =
Neal. However, he is our Neal and we summarily trash him at will. You =
are a bit behind. We trashed him long ago for that post and have moved =
on to even bigger and better trashings in the past two years. You need =
to catch up.

--=20
katysails
s/v Chanteuse