Bub

Default Opinions on Prijon Touryak

Anyone have any experience with this boat? It looks good on the web but
haven't found any reveiws.
Thanks, Bob

skip

"Bub" wrote in message
Anyone have any experience with this boat? It looks good on the web but
haven't found any reveiws.
Thanks, Bob

I like Prijon kayaks and paddle a Yukon Expedition. I've did a weekend
camping trip with others who were paddling a Touryak and a Seayak. They are
happy with their boats. The Touryak is a bit beamier and a little bit
shorter than the Seayak I think. Paddle both if you can along with others
if you can.

I would not hesitate to buy a Prijon if it met my needs.

skip

skip wrote:
"Bub" wrote in message
Anyone have any experience with this boat? It looks good on the web but
haven't found any reveiws.
Thanks, Bob

I like Prijon kayaks and paddle a Yukon Expedition. I've did a weekend
camping trip with others who were paddling a Touryak and a Seayak. They are
happy with their boats. The Touryak is a bit beamier and a little bit
shorter than the Seayak I think. Paddle both if you can along with others
if you can.

I would not hesitate to buy a Prijon if it met my needs.

skip

Prijon makes fine boats but the Touryak is a little short and fat for
me. Now I play in the North Atlantic so there are a ton of places my
NDK would be to long and fragile.
Prijons quality and resale value are a given ; everything past that is
a mater of purpose and taste.
Assuming YOU like the touryak and it fits you and your purposes: If you
buy this boat you will have a ball in the greatest sport in the world.
Good luck
Alex

BUB

I currently have a P&H Capella RM and love it. It seems very stable to me. I
bought an Orca last summer and it was so roley I dumped twice in Lake
Superior. COLD! I sold it and am looking for something a bit more beamier
and comfrortable then the Capella for leisure paddling. Sounds like the
Touryak may be the ticket. I'll have to find a dealer and try one out.
Thanks,
Bob
wrote in message
oups.com...

skip wrote:
"Bub" wrote in message
[...]

I have a Capella Poly too. Great for rock hopping and I use it often
when I guide tours. Great boat.
The Prijon will have great initial stability but i think it will be a
little harder to roll.
Your P & H has less initial stability, good secondery stability and is
one of the easiest production boats to put back up after a spill ( with
a roll )
Good luck.
Alex