BoatBanter.com

-   Touring (https://www.boatbanter.com/touring/)
-   -   Opinions on Prijon Touryak (https://www.boatbanter.com/touring/39147-opinions-prijon-touryak.html)

Bub June 3rd 05 04:54 AM

Opinions on Prijon Touryak

Anyone have any experience with this boat? It looks good on the web but
haven't found any reveiws.
Thanks, Bob

skip June 3rd 05 10:26 PM

"Bub" wrote in message
Anyone have any experience with this boat? It looks good on the web but
haven't found any reveiws.
Thanks, Bob

I like Prijon kayaks and paddle a Yukon Expedition. I've did a weekend
camping trip with others who were paddling a Touryak and a Seayak. They are
happy with their boats. The Touryak is a bit beamier and a little bit
shorter than the Seayak I think. Paddle both if you can along with others
if you can.

I would not hesitate to buy a Prijon if it met my needs.

skip

[email protected] June 5th 05 01:44 PM

skip wrote:
"Bub" wrote in message
Anyone have any experience with this boat? It looks good on the web but
haven't found any reveiws.
Thanks, Bob

I like Prijon kayaks and paddle a Yukon Expedition. I've did a weekend
camping trip with others who were paddling a Touryak and a Seayak. They are
happy with their boats. The Touryak is a bit beamier and a little bit
shorter than the Seayak I think. Paddle both if you can along with others
if you can.

I would not hesitate to buy a Prijon if it met my needs.

skip

Prijon makes fine boats but the Touryak is a little short and fat for
me. Now I play in the North Atlantic so there are a ton of places my
NDK would be to long and fragile.
Prijons quality and resale value are a given ; everything past that is
a mater of purpose and taste.
Assuming YOU like the touryak and it fits you and your purposes: If you
buy this boat you will have a ball in the greatest sport in the world.
Good luck
Alex

BUB June 5th 05 11:08 PM

I currently have a P&H Capella RM and love it. It seems very stable to me. I
bought an Orca last summer and it was so roley I dumped twice in Lake
Superior. COLD! I sold it and am looking for something a bit more beamier
and comfrortable then the Capella for leisure paddling. Sounds like the
Touryak may be the ticket. I'll have to find a dealer and try one out.
Thanks,
Bob
wrote in message
oups.com...

[email protected] June 9th 05 01:57 PM

I have a Capella Poly too. Great for rock hopping and I use it often
when I guide tours. Great boat.
The Prijon will have great initial stability but i think it will be a
little harder to roll.
Your P & H has less initial stability, good secondery stability and is
one of the easiest production boats to put back up after a spill ( with
a roll )
Good luck.
Alex