Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Frank Healy

Default PFD Statistics and Mandatory-Wear requirment proposal

When I was a member of a team instructing in Mountain Walking (In the UK
) we spent a great deal of time stressing the safety aspect. The Team
Leader always gave a short address at the begining - He always started
with the same phrase - Any Fool Can Be Carried Off A Mountain - Same
applies to PFDs - Any Body Can Be Recovered.
Personally - When I coach you abide by my rules - If I wear one then so
do
you. Let someone else tell their family that they will not be coming
home. Unless it's in a wooden box. I agree life is often over regulated
but common sense or 'Sods Law' tells you that **** Happens!

Frank Healy