Alan Smith

Default PFD Statistics and Mandatory-Wear requirment proposal

Well said!!

"Canranger44" wrote in message
I have no problem protecting personal freedoms I believe they are

important
but when you want to write the cheque and ask someone else to cash it

that's
a different story. If the people who choose not to wear there life jackets
want to take responsibility for their action when things go wrong then its
ok with me. Responsibility includes taking care of the rescue search and
rescue cost any air ambulance fees and so one it is different in the

states
but in Canada it is a socialized system so we all pickup the hospital

bills
for yahoos that throw caution to the wind. There has been some talk now of
doing what they do in the Grand Canyon as well if you choose to go down

into
the canyon and can't make it back up the cost is on you. That should go to
anyone that tries an outdoor activity and doesn't take proper care and
prevention measures. Having said that I would point out there should be

room
for circumstance which are out of control of those involved but there are
ways to decide that even.
You can play with statistics all you want but if something requires two
measures to make it safe why not be SMART and put in a third. Training,
experience and safe equipment(being used) make for a safe outdoor

adventure.

--
Abe Elias
Diving Sparrow Paddle Co,