Geoff Jennings

Default Kayak/Camping trip on the Channel Islands

They do allow composite boats, but having seen how the boats are handled,
I'd be wary.

Geoff

"Ki Ayker" wrote in message

In the past there has been an issue with Island Packers (your ride over

and
back) taking composite boats over to the islands. I don't know how that

all
stands these days, but if any members of your group intend to use

something
other then plastic boats you might want to make a specific inquiry as to

the
current status on this issue.

Greg Meyers

Don't let the little details deter you from this trip. It's really not at
all as complicated as it sounds on this news group, and our channel islands
really are worth the effort.

Great. A couple more questions.

Where will Island Packers drop us off? I'm trying to figure out which
campgrounds to try to reserve and when. We'll probably just stick to
Santa Cruz since our trip will be shorter than we would like.

Thanks again and again.