Daniel-San

Default Apostle Islands (WI) Trip Advice Sought

I'm planning a trip to the Apostles in early September.

Unfortunately, all of the on line book sellers show all guidebooks as
out-of-print.

Joy.

Just wondering if anyone has suggestions for which islands to visit? We'd
like to have a reasonably relaxing trip, probably do some hiking on the
islands, and most of all, avoid as many people as possible. Sea-caves and
wildlife are a definite plus.

Thoughts as to which outfitter offers the best service/price ratio? We're
willing to spend what we need to, but of course would like to keep the cost
down.

Thanks for any advice you fine folks can give me.

Daniel-san

LLutton

I have gone with Trek-N-Trail twice.
www.trek-trail.com
Their "Paddle Through Time" trip lasted 3 days, 2 nights, and they supplied the
Kayaks, wetsuits, tents and food. Anything else is supplied by you, including
sleeping bag and personal items. You will have to ask them about any trips they
might have after Labor Day though as that seems to be about the end of the
kayak season. The brochure does list a 5 day photo workshop that leaves Sept.
9. You will be given a list of things to bring. The cost for that trip is $695
per person. I'm looking at a 1999 brochure so the prices may have changed. I
really enjoyed them both. Good luck and if you have any questions, email me.
Lynn

I'm planning a trip to the Apostles in early September.

Unfortunately, all of the on line book sellers show all guidebooks as
out-of-print.

Joy.

Just wondering if anyone has suggestions for which islands to visit? We'd
like to have a reasonably relaxing trip, probably do some hiking on the
islands, and most of all, avoid as many people as possible. Sea-caves and
wildlife are a definite plus.

Thoughts as to which outfitter offers the best service/price ratio? We're
willing to spend what we need to, but of course would like to keep the cost
down.

Thanks for any advice you fine folks can give me.

Daniel-san

Ken Ferschweiler

Daniel-San ) wrote:
: I'm planning a trip to the Apostles in early September.

: Unfortunately, all of the on line book sellers show all guidebooks as
: out-of-print.

Amazon carries:

Guide to Sea Kayaking on Lakes Superior & Michigan:
The Best Day Trips and Tours
William Newman, et al
ISBN: 0762704160

Seems to have a section on the Apostles.

-Ken
Daniel-San

Thanks, Ken. I guess my searching needs some help!

"Ken Ferschweiler" wrote in message
Daniel-San ) wrote:
: I'm planning a trip to the Apostles in early September.

: Unfortunately, all of the on line book sellers show all guidebooks as
: out-of-print.

Amazon carries:

Guide to Sea Kayaking on Lakes Superior & Michigan:
The Best Day Trips and Tours
William Newman, et al
ISBN: 0762704160

Seems to have a section on the Apostles.

-Ken

Advice sought on electric trailer winches... Harry Krause General 52 July 6th 04 05:36 PM
Paddle Advice sought Adriene General 0 April 28th 04 04:46 AM
Third Florida trip report (long, of course!) Skip Gundlach Cruising 18 December 29th 03 11:52 PM
Advice on sailing courses in the Whitsunday Islands, Australia skunk.co.uk Cruising 4 July 26th 03 11:58 AM