Boris Beizer

Default viking ship plans ripoff

I have been burned by Terrence Jones who has been advertizing viking ship
plans. He has my money, but no plans are forthcoming. I paid him $90 for
these plans as well as some supplementary material (photos, etc.) that seem
to be stuff available at varrious web sites for free.
After many tries to reach this joker, I did a search on yahoo groups and
found that I am not alone. All would-be ship and model builders should take
warning from this.

If any one has ever received these plans from this joker, I'd like to
know about it.
If any one can give me leads to accurate plans for the gokstad ship in
1:48 or 1:50 scale, I would appreciate the lead.

thanks.

Boris Beizer

--

-------------------------------------
Boris Beizer Ph.D. Seminars and Consulting

TEL: 215-572-5580
FAX: 215-886-0144
Email

Terence Lynock

The message . net
from "Boris Beizer" contains these words:

I have been burned by Terrence Jones who has been advertizing viking ship
plans. He has my money, but no plans are forthcoming. I paid him $90 for
these plans as well as some supplementary material (photos, etc.) that seem
to be stuff available at varrious web sites for free.
After many tries to reach this joker, I did a search on yahoo groups and
found that I am not alone. All would-be ship and model builders should take
warning from this.

If any one has ever received these plans from this joker, I'd like to
know about it.
If any one can give me leads to accurate plans for the gokstad ship in
1:48 or 1:50 scale, I would appreciate the lead.

thanks.

Boris Beizer

Hi Boris,
do you have a email addy for this geezer? have a search for
Taubmans plans which i think is www.taubmanplansonline.com but may be
wrong, very big supplier of plans in the States, only other idea is to
contact the museum where the ships are displayed, usually they produce
plans for vessels to raise revenue for supporting the museum itself, if
you have no luck let me know and I will ask around.
I am a builder of commission models and have email lists with around
3000 other model makers to pass enquiries to, in fact I run two lists
myself so have plenty of friends who may be able to help,

regards, Terry
Boris Beizer

Hi Boris,
do you have a email addy for this geezer?

Yes, but he doesn't answer any more. I suspect he only answers emails from
new pigeons. My mistake is that I didn't use paypal. I have avoided it
because that's yet another portal for identity theft.

have a search for
Taubmans plans which i think is www.taubmanplansonline.com but may be
wrong, very big supplier of plans in the States,

I know taubman. I called him and am waiting for his latest catalog. He
said that he didn't have any Viking ship plans.

only other idea is to
contact the museum where the ships are displayed, usually they produce
plans for vessels to raise revenue for supporting the museum itself, if
you have no luck let me know and I will ask around.

I've contacted the museum and am awaiting their reply. I'm perfectly
willing to pay them for the plans. I had visited the Viking museum in Oslo
a few years back and at that time, they did not have plans available for the
Gokstad ship. Which is why I didn't go to them first. Apparently this has
changed. I'm sure that they will be interested in knowing that this joker
(Terrence Jones) advertises himself as the agent for the Museum in the US --
That's the reason I didn't question the legitimacy.

I am a builder of commission models and have email lists with around
3000 other model makers to pass enquiries to, in fact I run two lists
myself so have plenty of friends who may be able to help,

That's great. I'm interested in very authentic plans with full
construction detail-- My intention is to build a small scale (e.g. 1:50)
reproduction that is identical in most details. There are no suitable kits
worth bashing-- there is one of the Oseberg ship, but that was really not
intended as a seagoing vessel -- just for a queen's funeral.

Boris

Chris

"Boris Beizer" wrote in message
ink.net...
Hi Boris,
do you have a email addy for this geezer?

Yes, but he doesn't answer any more. I suspect he only answers emails

from
new pigeons. My mistake is that I didn't use paypal. I have avoided it
because that's yet another portal for identity theft.

I wouldn't use paypal at all. A "friend" was using my bank account on his
paypal for awhile, but when I noticed some "shady" things going on with my
bank statements (deposits not withdrawals), I tried to alert PayPal to this.
The only response I have EVER gotten from them, after explaining he no
longer had authorization to use my account, was a form letter not even
referencing my complaint at all.

I don't know if it was just stupid people manning the emails, or a really
dishonest corporate policy, or both, but when money and lawsuits are on the
line, they should have replied properly. If things weren't settled by other
means, I'd have probably sued.

I had used PayPal before this, but didn't get much out of it, so eventually
deleted my account. Knowing what I've come to know since, I'd never have
joined. It's convenient when it works, and moves like a sloth, if at all,
when it doesn't work.

This guy could have cleaned out my checking account, and they didn't lift a
finger until it was far too late.

Ok, rant over and done with. )

Terence Lynock

The message m
from "Chris" contains these words:

This guy could have cleaned out my checking account, and they didn't lift a
finger until it was far too late.

Ok, rant over and done with. )

When i subscribed to eBay it drove me mad to confirm my PayPal account,
three or four email a day marked WARNING! and i just let it expire, now
if i buy anything I wait for the seller to email me and I phone them,
much safer and keeps your bank and card details out of other peoples
hands where it can quite easily go astray especially with eBay, i can
phone a seller in America for 3p a minute with OneTel which is a damn
sight more secure than anything PayPal can offer,

regards, Terry

Chris

"Terence Lynock" wrote in message
When i subscribed to eBay it drove me mad to confirm my PayPal account,
three or four email a day marked WARNING! and i just let it expire, now
if i buy anything I wait for the seller to email me and I phone them,
much safer and keeps your bank and card details out of other peoples
hands where it can quite easily go astray especially with eBay, i can
phone a seller in America for 3p a minute with OneTel which is a damn
sight more secure than anything PayPal can offer,

Last time I did business on ebay, the guy was surprised I didn't have
Paypal.
I explained it was a personal issue, just one of trusting others with my
bank info. I always want to break into a rant about them now. It really
****ed me off. I could have been robbed and all because they shut their
mouths and did nothing.

As you say, it's safer to keep details out of the hands of the "middlemen".
It's also more productive if something goes wrong, as restriction to
information limits who could possibly misuse it.

~EV~

Default viking ship plans ripoff/PayPal

I've always used Pay for transactions but now with their "money back" thing
if you pay a % of the total cost they will pay it back to you if the person
rips you off.

Since Ebay took over PayPal they've gotten strange, but since most of my
business transactions go through them and I've got a debit card from them,
I'll stick it out till I get a Merchant account this spring. It's the same %
as PayPal but I have to pay a monthly fee. Damned if you do damned if you
don't.

"Chris" wrote in message
m...

[...]

Chris

nk.net...

%
as PayPal but I have to pay a monthly fee. Damned if you do damned if you
don't.

I'm not particularly fond of either PayPal or Ebay, but yes, if it works for
you go ahead and stick it out. Having a merchant account allows you to do
far more than just Ebay, so it's a slightly bigger bonus. You can use it in
a physical store as well, and being more established it provides better
protections should you get "ripped off".

Weathered Rose

*nods* Yeah, I just don't do enough offline business or online business to
considering having an merchant account as of yet. And I won't be selling on
Ebay after the changed their rules around that even if your reserve auction
doesn't meet it's reserve, it still costs you the same and it's not free.

So..it's word of mouth currently for me, which keeps me busy and happy.
Cash in had and money orders are better currently than extra expensive.

Thanks for thinking of me.
Rose